VPP Invitation not working on iPads on iOS 9.3.2

nsdjoe
Contributor II

Hi All,

Anyone else experiencing this?

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/50142

We just noticed it today on two of our iPads (they were older iPad 3rd gen). After a user DEP enrolls and goes to Self Service to accept the invitation, a Safari window opens up with some lines of code. Normally the App Store opens up with terms and conditions to accept, but that doesn't happen. Because of this, the user is unable to accept the VPP invitation. The iPads we were trying are on iOS 9.3.2. We are running JSS 9.91.

Thought I’d see if anyone else is experiencing this.

~Joe

6 REPLIES 6

nsdjoe
Contributor II

Just found another post about this issue on enterpriseios...
http://www.enterpriseios.com/forum/topic/VPP_Invite_To_Program_does_not_work_on_iPads

I'll check with our Apple SE and JAMF TAM to see what they know.
~Joe

tobiaslinder
Contributor II
Contributor II

We see the same problem with two schools we support.

RLR
Valued Contributor

Yep, I found this last week. Casper support had a quick look and it is something to do with the iPads. Possibly IOS 9.3.2.

Main parts of support conversation:
-I did some searchings, and it seems like this is related to a product issue (PI-002496)
-and there is also a Apple Radar field created for it.
-Do we have an AppleCare support plan? If yes, it would be good to reach out to Apple as well to increase the impact. The ticket would be 1145387313

The workaround would be to accept the VPP invite on OS X

StaciW
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey guys! Just wanted to give an update to this issue. This has been resolved as of 7-6-16 and you should now be able to accept VPP Invitations on iPads. Please reach out to your JAMF Buddy if you are still having issues accepting VPP Invitations so we can help you out.

RLR
Valued Contributor

Can confirm this is now working.

tvreeland
New Contributor

What version of JSS are you all running? I'm still at 9.8 and the invitations aren't making it to iPads that have been brought up to 9.3.2.