VPP Mac Apps "Failed to Download

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

App distribution for Mac Store apps has been working well for the last few months. Yesterday we noticed that our iLife and iWork apps were no longer automatically installing to El Cap machines and any VPP app we have in self Service (MS Remote Desktop, Pages, Numbers, Keynote etc) get the following message and the download/install fails.Our VPP token is valid and up to date, JSS version is 9.92. Advice or experience with this? (was failing with 9.91 too) 64be44b4055d4726ac30669bd354dbf0

45 REPLIES 45

andykang
New Contributor

Thanks @sclark and @james179

We'll give that a try.

JamesJhoung
Contributor

@andykang I would test this on a test device first. We've only had 2 cases where we experienced this issue.

andykang
New Contributor

@james179

Same here. We're still testing VPP and this issue hit us just as we were beginning our tests. We haven't had to delete anything on the affected computers yet, as cancelling the install from the computer record in the JSS re-triggered the install. So far so good.

bmodesitt
New Contributor II

Anyone hear any updates on this? We're still having problems with clients running 10.11.6 and latest iTunes patch.

I've tried clearing caches left in /var/folders/ as someone else suggested, even though they should be cleared on reboot:

#!/bin/sh
find /var/folders/ -name *appstore* -exec rm -rf {} ;
/usr/libexec/xpchelper --rebuild-cache

Every time I run recon, it sees the app isn't there and tries to install again. What's odd is it seems like the JSS "thinks" it's installed until inventory updates again. No failed management commands.

Annoying because we've just paid for a bunch of licenses that we're now unable to deploy using VPP.

andykang
New Contributor

@bmodesitt

It was working for us, and then it stopped working again. The only change on our side was updating to the 9.92 maintenance release. My test computer is running 10.11.5.

rblaas
Contributor II

We are also still seeing this problem...

Wauw.. must say.. a problem which is ongoing for more than 5 weeks...