What helpdesk do you use?

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Hey all,

We currently use WebHelpDesk by solar winds and for reasons both obvious and not, we are looking at alternatives.  I was wondering what other help desk systems other Jamf Admins were using and liking?

We have demos set up with zendesk, FreshDesk, and Incident IQ (which we are leaning toward).

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

We were previously using FreshDesk, but it was becoming too much of a hassle. We had it for about four years and the last two I was constantly battling spam tickets from .ru addresses originating from the email address they assign you. That and the pay per agent nonsense. May not be an issue for some but it was a constant juggling battle for me. There were a multitude of other reasons, but the short version is you get what you pay for. 

I switched to IncidentIQ last year for Help Desk and Asset management. It's not 100% perfect, but I've been consistently happy with my decision. Assets and Tickets have a 1:1 relationship now and the best part is my asset management isn't tied to a single platform anymore unlike my old WASP Barcode system. Cost wise it evened out or was slightly less if I had kept FreshDesk and went with a cloud version of WASP. The implementation calls I thoroughly enjoyed (shout out to Sarah M.)  as I was talking to a real person during the setup phase and not a bot on a support KB or an overworked call center person in another country.

View solution in original post

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Just as I was leaving $oldjob, we were switching from WHD to Incident IQ. Great help desk. The customer service reps and training people were excellent. If you're K-12, I highly recommend Incident IQ.

At $newjob, I'm using ServiceNow. It's good, but very complex. I'm still learning it.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Thanks again to all who replied!  It looks like we are going to move from WebHelpDesk to Incident IQ.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

10 REPLIES 10

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

We were previously using FreshDesk, but it was becoming too much of a hassle. We had it for about four years and the last two I was constantly battling spam tickets from .ru addresses originating from the email address they assign you. That and the pay per agent nonsense. May not be an issue for some but it was a constant juggling battle for me. There were a multitude of other reasons, but the short version is you get what you pay for. 

I switched to IncidentIQ last year for Help Desk and Asset management. It's not 100% perfect, but I've been consistently happy with my decision. Assets and Tickets have a 1:1 relationship now and the best part is my asset management isn't tied to a single platform anymore unlike my old WASP Barcode system. Cost wise it evened out or was slightly less if I had kept FreshDesk and went with a cloud version of WASP. The implementation calls I thoroughly enjoyed (shout out to Sarah M.)  as I was talking to a real person during the setup phase and not a bot on a support KB or an overworked call center person in another country.

pete_c
Contributor III

I've been consulting for a primarily Windows-based environment recently, and they're using Atera as both their ticketing and RMM.  I can't speak much to the Mac functionality of their agent etc, but as a ticket queue it's actually quite good, and certainly easier to set up than FreshDesk (much less JIRA).

JG3741
New Contributor III

Our institution currently utilizes ServiceNow for ticketing among other capabilities. 

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III
Do you like service now?

Get Outlook for iOS
Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

JG3741
New Contributor III

I would recommend it to anyone, but it can be costly.

Jalves
Contributor

We dropped our paid WHD last year and are hosting the free version of Zammad now. It looks a lot nicer on the user's side and gives us enough reporting options to get our jobs done.

tgary
New Contributor II

Freshdesk has been great for us. Sometimes the email notifications will lag, but never longer than 5mins or so. 

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Just as I was leaving $oldjob, we were switching from WHD to Incident IQ. Great help desk. The customer service reps and training people were excellent. If you're K-12, I highly recommend Incident IQ.

At $newjob, I'm using ServiceNow. It's good, but very complex. I'm still learning it.

danlaw777
Contributor III

We currently you service central, but will be moving to service now within the next year

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Thanks again to all who replied!  It looks like we are going to move from WebHelpDesk to Incident IQ.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools