When there is a certificate error Safari shows "This Connection Is Not Private" but will allow users to click "visit this website" to proceed to the website anyways. I'm looking for a way to disable this option.

jblacklidge
New Contributor

When there is a certificate error Safari shows "This Connection Is Not Private" but will allow users to click "visit this website" to proceed to the website anyways. I'm looking for a way to disable this option.

76b4d3ec8d4f48e69d877ea909bf0941
Anyone know how I can do this? I've had no luck browsing the forums or using profile creator.

Edit:
I want to prevent users from accessing these untrusted websites completely. I'm not trying to add the cert as trusted. I don't want to allow users to visit any website with an untrusted certificate. I've been able to do this in Firefox and Chrome, but can't find out how to do it in Safari.

5 REPLIES 5

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Get the server owner to install a proper SSL cert?

¯_(ツ)_/¯

--
https://donmontalvo.com

balexander667
New Contributor III

security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustAsRoot -k /Library/Keychains/System.keychain /HostCertFile.cer

jblacklidge
New Contributor

I want to prevent users from accessing these untrusted websites completely. I'm not trying to add the cert as trusted. I don't want to allow users to visit any website with an untrusted certificate. I've been able to do this in Firefox and Chrome, but can't find out how to do it in Safari.

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

If the users don't have admin rights, they won't be able to get there... just sayin'.

jblacklidge
New Contributor

None of our users have admin rights- this is without admin rights.