Why am I not able to search my company's computers

ohad_cloudinary
New Contributor II

If i go to: -Computer
-Search Inventory
No matter how simple the string i enter, it shows no results.
Could anybody help me utilize the search function?
d7437a34d34b4ff29edf5bbbe18c3b7c

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Are you in the wrong site? What happens when you click 'Search' without entering anything in the search text box?

View solution in original post

bishopz
New Contributor III

On the first screen, the search bar is for searching through the saved advanced searches. If you click search while the text box is blank as jtrant suggested, you will see all of the computers.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@ohad_cloudinary Have you changed your Computers Search preferences (Account Settings->Account Preferences->Search Preferences) to Contains rather than Exact Match? The latter is the default, and generally not what you want.

6 REPLIES 6

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Are you in the wrong site? What happens when you click 'Search' without entering anything in the search text box?

bishopz
New Contributor III

On the first screen, the search bar is for searching through the saved advanced searches. If you click search while the text box is blank as jtrant suggested, you will see all of the computers.

bishopz
New Contributor III

EDIT- Double posted on accident.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@ohad_cloudinary Have you changed your Computers Search preferences (Account Settings->Account Preferences->Search Preferences) to Contains rather than Exact Match? The latter is the default, and generally not what you want.

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Good point @sdagley

ohad_cloudinary
New Contributor II

Thanks everyone ! Clicking search when search box is empty did the trick