Why use Jamf Pro/Jamf Connect

danlaw777
Contributor III

im writing up a doc that i need to send up towards the top of the food chain can anyone give me some reasons why having these 2 products make the Mac environment more secure?

11 REPLIES 11

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

are you comparing to another product or are you convincing to move from an unmanaged environment to a managed environment utilizing Jamf?

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

danlaw777
Contributor III

we have already started utilizing both jamf packages. upper management wants to know why we invested in it, beyond saying our macs are more secure. he wants to know WHY

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Well looks like you're trying to explain why you're using Jamf Pro as your MDM/management tool and Jamf Connect as your authentication tool?

The obviously have different functionalities, so what exactly are they asking for?

danlaw777
Contributor III

reasons why having Jamf control our macs is more secure than NOT

hdsreid
Contributor III

@danlaw777 it depends on your environment...why is having MDM better than no MDM at all is the question you need to answer?
how were you escrowing filevault keys before? how were you enforcing password updates without jamf connect?
how did you remote lock/wipe a stolen device that wasn't encrypted? how has your onboarding/provisioning process change? is it easier and quicker for all? is there a corporate authentication required now that was not there before?

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Maybe a few things here that are not quite on point ... but here you go - a few of my reasons for Jamf
1) Ability to deploy software to all users and verify that it is installed e.g. security software, productivity software
2) Ability to do software inventory
3) Framework that allows communication with other products e.g. Service Now. 4) DEP
5) Apple Business/School Manager integration - cheap prices on bulk purchasing of software and maintaining ownership of that software
6) Massive community and forum via Jamf Nation.
7) Responsive and knowledgable support
8) Linux and Window server platform as well as on premises and cloud offerings
9) Excellent training courses
10) Ability to remote lock/wipe
11) Ability to have enterprise key for disk encryption
12) JNUC - even if you don't go, the sessions are recorded and good value
13) Consistancy
14) Self Service app

Surely you are getting some benefits in your daily work?

danlaw777
Contributor III

i just needed a kick in the ass....thanks for the help folks!

slarson
New Contributor

Hey @danlaw777 here are some good resources to help provide additional weight in your response:
Why Jamf Pro?
Why Jamf Connect?
I'm also sure your "Jamf Buddy" would be more than willing to help out with this if needed!

danlaw777
Contributor III

whats a jamfbuddy?

slarson
New Contributor

Your Customer Success Manager and the person who responds when you email success@jamf.com.

danlaw777
Contributor III

oh, well i guess he only works nights as i very rarely hear from him during normal business hours