wiki, forums, lists

Not applicable

i want a wiki for "how to" of specific jamf products. or a public repository of cleaver scripts. like our cs2 cleanup or dual boot imaging script.

best practices etc...

i like this list for discussions. there is a archive and search. search dosn't work and that needs to be fixed.
http://list.jamfsoftware.com/pipermail/casper/

forums are nice but then please shut down the list. because dilution of communication is exactly what we DON'T need.

Siddhartha Chadda
Chief Technology Officer
OLSON
T:612.336.7533
C:612.986.9310
E:schadda at oco.com

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Agreed. Either list, or forum. That's was my main concern, otherwise I would have fired up a forum already.

I vote for the forum.

Thanks,
Matt Corippo
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes

winkelhe
New Contributor

I vote forum as well.

ernstcs
Contributor III

We can vote? Cool! =)

I've already shut down a discussion forum because they never get the traffic, and switched to a list serv. Email works because it comes to you, in that most people always check their mail. You don't have to make the decision to go to a website and look at it. I know that may sound strange, but it makes a big difference.

The list serves a good purpose, to bounce ideas and ask for help. But I also think a repository of useful information such as a WIKI is also beneficial if done well.

I'd say keep the list for discussion, and look at a WIKI for the information (tips, scripts, etc.) repository. Forums would not be a good replacement for either in my opinion.

Craig Ernst

Not applicable

I absolutely agree with Craig,
--On 19 July 2007 23:15:13 -0500 "Ernst, Craig S." <ERNSTCS at uwec.edu> wrote:

I never get around to looking at forums unless I'm absolutely desperate - I'd much rather just keep the list.
No harm in having a wiki as well...

Clare

--------------------------------------------
Clare Bartlet mailto:cpb10 at cam.ac.uk
Macintosh Support phone: +44 1223 334723
University of Cambridge Computing Service
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QH

Not applicable

What about a forum with RSS feed, that way you can track it along with your
other blogs, feeds etc in your reader? I like forums more than lists, but
peeps are right that mail comes too you and requires less effort.

I vote forum with RSS

Dan