In ASM registered device still requires MDM profile when returns to service should work

Dacemotion
New Contributor

Dear community,
I´ve got following problem:
When erasing a device and wanting it to return to service afterwards, I use this configuration:

Return to Service is checked, a valid network configuration is scoped. The option:"Install MDM profile after erasure" is NOT checked, because all our devices are registered in ASM. The documentation says:
"If the device is registered in Apple School Manager, the MDM configuration can be omitted."

Now when I confirm these settings, I get an error in the activity log saying "Für „Wiederinbetriebnahme“ ist ein MDM-Profil auf diesem Gerät erforderlich." Meaning: "A MDM-profile on the device is required for "return to service"". No erasure takes place.
So I cannot use this option, although it is described this way in the documentation.

https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-school-documentation/page/Return_Device_to_Service.html 

Does anybody experience the same problem or knows a possible solution?

Thank You in advance, Daniel

1 REPLY 1

_scripter
New Contributor

Hi

Yes! I have a script that was working last time I tested it, and now suddenly I'm getting this error...

Please let me know if you find a solution!