JAMF School - iOS 18 Issues

PCleaver
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody else is having issues with iOS18 and JAMF School? Currently, we've noticed the following:

On restrictions, we have  'Allow creation of VPN configurations' turned off. On the new iOS, VPN and device management are now lumped together. Having this setting turned off means you can't see device management at all, so you can't see any certificates or restrictions that are installed. A colleague has informed me that they have had issues with certificates not working properly with in upgrade to the new iOS, but it has worked if factory reset.

Another issue I've noticed is Bluetooth. In settings on JAMF School, there's an option for Bluetooth "Enforce Bluetooth on devices with JAMF School Student 6.2.0 or later". I am now able to toggle Bluetooth on iOS 18 which will cause absolute chaos for teachers as we heavily use Apple Classroom. Bluetooth can not be toggled on iOS 17 with this JAMF school setting enabled.

Is anybody else having these issues? Does anybody know if JAMF are addressing these issues?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

PCleaver
New Contributor

We've just done some further testing around the Bluetooth setting, and it seems you could toggle it off permanently on 17.6.1.