Locked Ipad

Bob_Villa
New Contributor

So we have an ipad that I enabled lost mode, due to the fact it was overdue and the one who checked it out did not return it.  So then I locked it and put a message on the screen.  It was returned so I disabled lost mode, does the system take a while before it unlocks it?  I can see that the command is pending 12 minutes ago, along with other commands that are still pending since 7-2-24 after I locked it.  But what I am not sure is if this iPad has active internet connection so that it can receive the command.  How can I connect this ipad when it is locked and I do not think there is an active internet connection to it?  Will the factory reset method work and when I am asked to join a network connect it and then the commands will process?

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

If the iPad does not have an internet connection, it will never receive the command. If you cannot connect it to wifi (which is likely), you can use an ethernet adapter as iPadOS supports ethernet. However, if you have USB accessories restricted you cant use ethernet either. If all else fails, DFU restore.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

If you don't have a dongle for the Ethernet Adapter, try connecting the iPad to a Mac via a cable. Ensure the Mac is connected to Ethernet. Then open Apple Configurator on the Mac. 

Does the MDM command go through?

The MDM command will go through if "Allow USB Restricted Mode" is untoggled (by default this is toggled) in the Restrictions iOS payload associated with the iPad and your Mac has Internet connection sharing enabled for USB devices ..