New to Jamf School - IS CUSTOMER SERVICE that BAD?

seylerj
New Contributor

We a new to Jamf School this year 2022 - switching over from Securely - and right now i am starting to regret the switch. We were told during a sales call that this was the system and that all our answers could be found on Jamf Nation and or during support calls. Well lets say that JAMF nation offers NO help and when you post something NO one reply's.   I have support ticket open now for over a month and it is now at HIGH and the still NOTHING. I have teachers and administrations complaining of why we went to this system!! It shouldnt be this HARD.  Please tell me we are not the only school distict with this issue!!   I need some sort of Management contacts - I need resolutions ASAP so our teachers can actually Teach and use the applications as they were meant to be used. 

10 REPLIES 10

dmichels
Contributor II
Unfortunately, yes their turn around time in returning calls has gotten
awful. You are not alone. Hang in there JAMF itself is an awesome product.
What exactly isn’t working?

--
null

When we set up JAMF School integration with ASM. ASM gets its info from our SIS Infinite Campus

we have 4 schools on campus. We have one main container in JAMF and then the four schools under that

when the import happens from IC to ASM to JAMF it puts the students and teachers in the right school container

right now our teachers are not seeing anything in the JAMF teacher app 

all settings seem to only be allowed to be adjusted under the main container

in setting and sync tool there is a setting for a check to put to all ASM be JAMF teachers all them to use it.  I hit the check box but then it is asking for the groups and there is no groups to check from because they are in another building or sub organization of the main container 

I have had a ticket in now for this and no help from support 

jpeters21
Contributor II

if having problems with  support, reach out to success (which amounts to account reps) .. they can help get you a response. In my opinion there is not really a better tool for managing apple devices (even if more recently it seems their support has been going down hill) , if I recall correctly they kinda market Jamf School as being for non-IT management, which I disagree with on many levels if that is the case.. it is a "no-code" but a successful roll out will take some no how. That said a lot of those on boarding things are covered in training (both web based and your on-boarding) 

seylerj
New Contributor

When we set up JAMF School integration with ASM. ASM gets its info from our SIS Infinite Campus

we have 4 schools on campus. We have one main container in JAMF and then the four schools under that

when the import happens from IC to ASM to JAMF it puts the students and teachers in the right school container

right now our teachers are not seeing anything in the JAMF teacher app 

all settings seem to only be allowed to be adjusted under the main container

in setting and sync tool there is a setting for a check to put to all ASM be JAMF teachers all them to use it.  I hit the check box but then it is asking for the groups and there is no groups to check from because they are in another building or sub organization of the main container 

I have had a ticket in now for this and no help from support 

so right out I admit I have limited knowledge on the jamf school stuff.. but jamf really is a flat structure as the containers/OUs go (groups can have cross over but there is not really a hierarchal structure) ,  so I am imagining one container for a school wouldn't work. I could be completely wrong but is there any training in the library that covers jamf school apps? Perhaps it could be managed by user via ASM for the teacher accounts? 

SammyO
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

What exactly do the teachers see/not see in Jamf Teacher? My experience with the Teacher/Student Apps not functioning is typically due to either a device getting a new user and needing to re install the app or their is a missing pre requisite. 

Are we seeing all users correctly synced from ASM to Jamf?

seylerj
New Contributor

YES - Teacher - Raise hand function - Library - My resources with nothing and App updates 

seylerj
New Contributor

Teacher Jamf App on Teacher ipads are not seeing anything in the default view

SammyO
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I'm sure you've already seen this, but it'd be worth reviewing:
https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-school/documentation/Jamf_Teacher_Integration_with_Jamf_School.html#:~:te...

Are the following in place?

- Users imported from Apple School Manager and in a User Group with Jamf Teacher set to 'Allow'.
- User assigned device within Jamf School, and device has EDU profile (if the iPad is 1:1, we should be able to find the Education Profile in the iPad's Settings > General > VPN and Device Management > Click into the MDM profile and look for the EDU profile). If the EDU profile is missing, that is the issue.
- User is set as Teacher to a Class within Jamf School  with Students in it.

seylerj
New Contributor

Yes all the settings are corect in those you have identify for me and still nothing showing up for JAMF TEACH