No Apps on shared iPads for some users

Aruky
New Contributor II

Suddenly our shared iPads show only the settings app (and iBooks to be precise) for some users. This happens to users from new classes we‘ve created. Other  users from last year on the same iPad see all the apps we‘ve configured in the shared iPad profile. I‘ve tried to delete all restrictions from teachers and parents, to no avail. An app layout is configured in the profile. I think it must be a user or class setting but cannot find a solution. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

RLR
Valued Contributor

Check the Classes you've created to see if you've set any restrictions in there (not the config profile section). 

restrictions.jpg

Edit: Just realised this was posted in Jamf School. Not sure if classes have a similar restrictions area in Jamf School as we use Jamf Pro.

Aruky
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for the input. Looks a bit different on Jamf School, but restrictions were the culprit, I've configure a working layout for the class and then copied the settings to all the other classes. It takes a while until the changes take effect on all devices, that'S what irritated me.  Not sure what had caused the problems, though.