Observe feature in the classroom but not in the Jamf Teacher app for iPad

JamFm
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

can someone tell me why the observe feature only exists in the classroom and not in the Jamf Teacher? Is it an apple thing?

Thanks for clarifying.
Peter

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I just found out today that my theory was correct. Apple will not allow that capability out to any of the MDMs, so the MDMs do what they can to provide a better classroom management system.

Greg Bobbett

View solution in original post

JamFm
New Contributor III

Hi,

ok 🙄 but thanks for your research 👍

Best Regards

Peter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GregBobbett
Contributor

I couldn't tell you exactly why Jamf doesn't do it. My theory is that Apple doesn't want to let the ability to connect and view another iPad screen out of their control. And Jamf wanted to create something with more overall control than Classroom so they made a product that works in conjunction with Classroom. This is, of course, is only a theory and I have no actual knowledge of any reasoning behind it.

That said, I also wish that Jamf Teacher had the ability to observe student screens. Trying to get teachers to use one app for classroom monitoring is hard enough, then you try to have them use another is very difficult. I also have to toss in the complaint about Classroom connectivity/connection that constantly has issues dropping students or not allowing them into a class that they were in just the day before. But I digress.

Greg

Greg Bobbett

I just found out today that my theory was correct. Apple will not allow that capability out to any of the MDMs, so the MDMs do what they can to provide a better classroom management system.

Greg Bobbett

JamFm
New Contributor III

Hi,

ok 🙄 but thanks for your research 👍

Best Regards

Peter