PCalomeni

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro; this release includes the following changes and improvements:

New Keys for System Extension Payload

Jamf Pro includes two new system extension types for computers with macOS 15* or later. In macOS 15*, end users can see and disable previously installed managed system extensions (e.g., endpoint security tools) through System Settings or Finder. You can use these new settings (Non-removable system extensions and Non-removable system extensions from UI) to prevent end users from removing these system extensions.

If you use Jamf Protect, which runs as a system extension, Jamf strongly recommends configuring this new MDM setting to restrict users from disabling Jamf Protect.

*Feature support is based on testing with the latest Apple beta releases.

Resolved Issues

Jamf Pro Server

• [PI119868] Syncing packages to all nodes in clustered environments (including Jamf Cloud-hosted environments) no longer requires extended time to complete.
  • [PI120128] Computer and mobile device configuration profiles with payloads that contain an <array> key type (e.g., a list of integers) now install correctly on computers and devices in scope.
  • [PI120238] When using the Download and schedule to install install action with managed software updates, software update plans no longer fail due to an "unknown" status being received from the device, producing the "InvalidConfigurationDeclaration" error.

For additional information on what's included in this release, review the release notes via the Jamf Learning Hub.

To access new versions of Jamf Pro, log into Jamf Account with your Jamf ID. The latest version is located in the Products section under Jamf Pro.

Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro 11.9.1 based on your hosted data region below. Review this guide if you need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance.

If you would like to upgrade manually, navigate to https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro and click Upgrade (Standard Cloud) or Schedule Upgrade (Premium Cloud) at the top of the page.

Subscribe to product alerts to receive real-time updates.

Hosted Region Begins Ends
ap-southeast-2 13 September at 1400 UTC 13 September at 2300 UTC
ap-northeast-1 13 September at 1500 UTC 14 September at 0100 UTC
eu-central-1 13 September at 2200 UTC 14 September at 0900 UTC
eu-west-2 13 September at 2300 UTC 14 September at 0600 UTC
us-east-2 14 September at 0400 UTC 14 September at 1700 UTC
us-west-2 14 September at 0700 UTC 14 September at 2000 UTC
Comments
scottb
Honored Contributor

How about we get this action back in 11.9.2?

https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-27551

Please!!! 📿

bchowdhury
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @scottb I added a comment to the idea https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-27551 with some details. I understand the mass update option is no longer there in the UI. But, until we bring this back in UI, we have couple options for you to achieve this. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

gda
Contributor

Just updated my test instance.

I get the idea of the optional "Team Identifier".
Mind, if you tell us what the "Required" field wants to have?

Bildschirmfoto 2024-09-13 um 10.24.48.png

matteo_bolognin
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @gda 
This provides an example for Jamf Protect but applies to any other System Extension's configuration: https://www.jamf.com/blog/system-extension-changes-in-sequoia/

gda
Contributor

@matteo_bolognin 

Ah, thx. Missed that post. 👍

markopolo
Contributor

I'm having serious performance issues with the 11.9.1 update to Jamf Pro Cloud. Any time I edit the scope of a config profile the interface slows to a crawl and I get the dreaded "Network connection strength" pop-ups. It can take up to 20 seconds or more just to register keystrokes when filtering the list of computers/groups and another 10 seconds or longer to select something. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm going to submit a support ticket, but wanted to see if it was just me first.

Version history
Last update:
‎09-09-2024 09:05 AM
Updated by:
Contributors