Jamf Parent for Patient Bedside!

adam_mahmud
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Revoke Jamf Parent device management capabilities when wiping or re-enrolling paired devices.

The latest release of Jamf Pro 10.32 supports a new feature for Jamf Parent that introduces more flexible ways to end a parent app session. While designed to increase flexibility for how Jamf Parent is used in any educational setting, it also opens up a new use case in healthcare!

Jamf Parent - 10.32.jpgJamf Parent - 10.32 - Revoke Mgmt on Wipe.jpg

Intended use-case in Healthcare:

• A new way for parents and guardians to have limited, remote management capabilities of their children’s hospital issued device — wirelessly from their own device
  • A quick QR code pairing process within the Jamf Parent app will link the parent's personal device to the hospital managed iPad
  • When the patient’s device is remotely wiped by Healthcare Listener or Jamf Reset, the Jamf Parent app session is disconnected automatically — no work from IT required
  • This feature is available today for customers on Jamf Pro 10.32, and works with the Jamf Parent app for iOS and Android

Parent - iPad -1.jpg  Parent - iPad - 2.jpg  Parent - iPad - 3.jpg

Key features available within Jamf Parent App:

• Restrict games, apps and social media, or set up rules that restrict social media use to certain periods of time throughout the day
  • Create custom rules with the simple step-by-step wizard
  • See a patient’s device name, current device storage utilization, device model and iOS version
  • Quickly lock an iOS device into one or several apps, eliminating distractions during quiet time

Parent - 1.jpg Parent -2.jpg Parent - 3.jpg Parent - 4.jpg

For more information on this workflow, see:

25 REPLIES 25

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

Good stuff cannot wait to try it all out.

kayc
New Contributor III

Looks good, but is there anything to protect against someone using a different/personal device to setup another parental device that removes restrictions?

adam_mahmud
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey @kayc  @smpotter ! 

At this time, no, there is not a way to prevent this with Jamf Parent for Jamf Pro.

Can you please review this Jamf Nation Feature Request, and add your votes and comments for why this enhancement request matters in Healthcare or your specific industry? Thank you in advance!

Adam | Healthcare Product Marketing | Jamf 

Pieter
New Contributor

Looks good!!

Patrick_Rutkows
New Contributor

Awesome

smpotter
New Contributor III

+1 in regards to @kayc comments, other than that concern it look awesome.

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

More new features, amazing!

n_lecchi
New Contributor III

Any improvement helping healthcare people (patients, hospital staff and families) is alway a step over to a better life. Jamf Parents is a piece of this process. Great job, go on!

artillery
New Contributor II

Might be useful in k12 also

Rebry
New Contributor III

Looks good!

karthik_g
New Contributor II

Awesome

Cranappras
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Very cool...while I'm not longer in the world of education, I can see how this would be extremely useful in that realm, along with healthcare. The greater confidence in privacy for the users / automation for IT, the better.

ThomM

Interesting, thanks.

user-MYeBQOyNUS
New Contributor

New Contributor II

mickl089
Contributor III

Nice feature - cant wait to test!

JustinFincher
New Contributor II

We are currently building out our bedside devices for March 2023 Role out....I will definitely get this in the test environment! looks good though. 

Justin Fincher

ktrojano

The quick QR code pairing process will make it much easier for parents to quickly manage a student or patient device and less intervention by IT staff is always a plus.

Kimberly Trojanowski

Samstar777
Contributor II

Awesome!

Budrys
New Contributor

That is great. Thank You

rsaeks
New Contributor III

Looks good! We have asked parents to use jamf parent for controlling their student devices at home since it works outside of school hours.

Vaid
New Contributor III

Great stuff

RDowson
New Contributor III

That's really good! I'll need to try this out.

ikhlasberrazi
New Contributor II

If I'm a parent, will be sure checking this out!

Eltord
Contributor

I've helped out a family friend get their setup with Jamf Parent actually just recently and they love having it to watch the game and app usage, plus making sure everything their kid is doing safe on their ipad air by managing updates is key. great job with this.

anthonycherian1
New Contributor

Looks great!