UUID INFO in ADB

corbinmharris
Contributor

Not directly related to JAMF, is there a way to get a Mac's UUID info via ABM.  We are deploying a large number of Macs and would like to get the UUID info before enrolling into Jamf.

Thanks!

Corbin

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I don't think ABM keeps that kind of information. To further compound issues, if a device is repaired by apple odds are pretty high the UDID changes. Currently JAMF gathers the UDID from System Profiler from the Mac, not from ABM.

I'd recommend opening a ticket with Apple for this. If Apple can (more or less if Apple will) provide this information is where I'd start.

MLBZ521
Contributor III

As @AJPinto points out this is not available in AxM.  The API that Jamf Pro uses to sync with AxM does not provide this information.  I've ran the API calls directly myself and it's not included.

And as it he also mentioned, the UDID/UUID is not static and could change if a device is repaired, so using it as something static and unique, probably shouldn't be relied upon.

What are you attempting to solve for in wanting to have the UDID/UUID before a Mac enrolls?