Jamf Now and guest WiFi captive portal

user-uzkIggQQcp
New Contributor

I work for a VA Hospital that has 40 iPads for patient use during Covid-19 that have to be connected to the Hospital's guest network. They are managed devices and I am using Jamf Now as my MDM. Recently our IT department have implemented a captive portal that requires ascent to terms and conditions before passing you on to the network. This is wreaking all kinds of havoc. Devices show up as connected even though they are not; I have to shut down and re-boot the iPad to get it re-connecting. If I erase an iPad, sometimes the captive portal comes up, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't it initially connects then terminates the connection. I am unable to sync the iPads either so updates do not go through. Is there any kind of workaround that can be done. Our IT department absolutely refuses to provide any kind of support so I'm basically on my own with this. The iPads are tied to the guest network when set up with Apple Configurator and also in Jamf Now they are set to autoconnect. I can't think what else to do.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Charles

0 REPLIES 0