10.10.5 and Sudo

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

neat! just ran a sudo command in terminal on a 10.10.5 machine...

$ sudo jamf removeSWUSettings We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things: #1) Respect the privacy of others. #2) Think before you type. #3) With great power comes great responsibility. Password:
8 REPLIES 8

georgecm12
Contributor III

Hasn't that been the text that displays the first time sudo is used for a long time?

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

I've never noticed it. Had it happen on 2 different systems.

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

It's been there since before day one (Dev preview, etc). I still smile when I see it. :-)

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

It's been there for first time sudo since 10.0.

gskibum
Contributor III

I noticed this myself over the weekend. Thought to myself "Is that a blast from the past that just made a reappearance? Or has it been there all along and my brain is fogged?"

I'm on a Mavericks system at the moment and it isn't there.

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

That's the standard dialog that comes up the first time sudo is used. The reason it's making a reappearance is that Apple updated.to a new version of sudo as part of the security fixes in 10.10.5:

https://support.apple.com/HT205031

With new sudo, comes new sudo warning.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Glad it's back. I missed that little bit of humor. I'm sure it will be removed soon enough.

mjsanders
New Contributor III

Be warned: on my own system I edited the /etc/sudoers file, and this file was back to default after the 10.10.5 update. Now I understand why.