Adobe 2023 Products Fail to install

lehose
New Contributor II

I've been attempting to deploy the latest creative cloud software installs and encounter the following error when running the policy. Installing the PKG outside of Jamf works without issue.

Checking for policies triggered by "Acrobat2023" for user "username"...

Executing Policy Acrobat 2023

Mounting Casper_File_Share

Installing AcrobatPro2023_SDL_Install.pkg.zip...

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Error - the package path specified was invalid: '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads/AcrobatPro2023_SDL_Install.pkg.unzip/AcrobatPro2023_SDL_Install.pkg'.

Submitting log to https://mdm.domain.edu:8443/

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

scrjeff
New Contributor II

Did you upload the .pkg via the web page? If so, you'll want to pre-compress the .PKG using the MacOS compress, then upload that file with its .ZIP extension via the web interface.   For some reason, if you let JAMF do the compression on upload, the packages will fail to install. 

lehose
New Contributor II

I created/downloaded the pkgs from the Adobe Admin Console site. I then copied the PKG using Jamf Admin which does the compression.

I did just test pre-compressing the pkg but get another error when initiating the policy:

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is AcrobatPro2023_23.0_SDL

installer: Installing at base path /

installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “AcrobatPro2023_SDL_Install.pkg”.)

Hi @lehose , perhaps instead of packaging you can look into using a script called Installomator. https://github.com/Installomator/Installomator

Which includes Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Look in the readme

bfrench
Contributor III

I was running into the same issue.  I removed the initial pkg I uploaded to Jamf.  Went back to the downloaded Creative Cloud Install.pkg and compressed it via Finder.  Uploaded the Creative Cloud Install.pkg.zip. Flushed the log. That finally allowed the Policy to complete.

bfrench
Contributor III

I am just getting started with deploying Adobe Acrobat.  My plan was to deploy the  Creative Cloud managed pkg from the Admin Console and then deploy Adobe Acrobat via the Jamf App Catalog.  I noticed that when then Adobe Acrobat app installed it also installed the Creative Cloud app.  Is the point of the managed package just to deploy management options? Is it necessary?

scrjeff
New Contributor II

Any package built using the adobe tools includes CC desktop app. 

I guess my question is if I deploy Acrobat with Jamf Apps, do I still need to deploy the Adobe CC pkg downloaded from Adobe with a Profile?? 

Hi, this works for me, I am seeing the same issue with packages built by Adobe Admin Console other than the CC Desktop App. When you push out the App from Jamf Apps it will use Named Licensing so is fine for one-to-one if you also deploy a CC Desktop package with the settings you want it will switch it over to Shared Device Licensing (or the managed settings you want for Named Licensing).

FutureFacinLuke
Contributor II

See my answer below for bypassing a day or so of packaging/uploading if you're doing the whole suite.

I was seeing the same failures on a newish setup. While testing from Terminal I spotted a notification: "Terminal was prevented from making changes to the apps on your Mac"

Following: Allow apps to control other apps on Mac the next run installed Photoshop successfully.

This looked like a PPPC payload so I've deployed what I think is needed and it seems to be working on the first few devices.

Thanks for the input. The current work around I have is creating another policy that triggers a single line script that executes the custom trigger I have set on the policy that contains the pkg. So far this process seems to work from SelfService.