Apple Configurator 2.5 was just released.
What's New in Version 2.5
• Provisionally add devices to Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
• Skip Tap to Setup and Keyboard Chooser panes in iOS Setup Assistant • Skip Sign in to TV Provider pane in tvOS Setup Assistant
• Optionally preserve data plan when erasing device
• New profile payloads and restrictions for iOS including Restrict VPN Creation, AirPrint Security, DNS Proxy, and Managed class behavior on supervised student devices for Classroom
• New tvOS payload for AirPlay Incoming Security
• Support for configuring tvOS devices running tvOS 11 on the local network subnet
So i guess this will circumvent the issue of the lacking USB port. As soon as the new ATVs arrive, i can test it and update this post or if someone else manages to get his/her hands on a new ATV and enrolls it, it would be nice to update this post with his/her findings. THX
unfortunately none of the existing Devices can be enrolled post sale into DEP - at least according to my Apple Representative...
this isn't true at all, as long as the device was purchased directly from apple or an authorised reseller after march 1, 2011 its elagable to be put into DEP
You can't currently deploy App Store apps to Apple TV, but you can use Jamf Pro to deploy in house apps.
The Configurator over ethernet method of preparation is great. Really easy way of getting devices in to DEP for OTA enrolment in to Jamf.
I had an issue at first, but that was because Apple TV's were running an older version of tvOS. Updated them to latest with a restore and update, then devices were visible in the 'Paired Devices' menu option in Configurator.
i finally got the appletv 4k paired to the mac after a few hours (needed to be in the same subnet, LAN), but another road block is preparing the device. Has anyone had issues during the preparing process?
When i select AppleTV to prepare, i have to Erase content to continue. Once Apple TV restarts, i go to through the setup prompts, head to Remote Apps and Devices in settings and repair the apple tv to the mac. App Config will then proceed and then i get an error msg "A cloud configuration is already present on this device". I've checked whether there is an iCloud account assigned but no iCloud account attached.
latest App Conf
AppleTV 4k with updated tOS
@Nazareth Figured out how to DEP enroll a 4K Apple TV over network.