Auto fill user handles on responses - bug?

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

A colleague ran into this, so I tested and got the same thing.

Respond to a thread, and try to autofill a username like: @donmontalvo and you'll see the autofill result will span the screen vertically.

Happens on Chrome 53.x, didn't try other browsers. Since, you know, like, we all know Flash Player blows chunks, so we all use chrome. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I thought it was cool...my colleague, not so much. :)

69711748c0ff41e795cf39d251191c90

--
https://donmontalvo.com
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hey all,

We’re aware that this is an issue, and are currently testing a hotfix that will be pushed out to the site soon.

Doesn't look like it's quite out yet, as I still see the tall column when trying to @ mention someone.
Once we get the hotfix pushed out, the @ mention column should go back to looking normal again.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

View solution in original post

michael_abbott
New Contributor III

This should be fixed now. Thanks @donmontalvo for letting us know!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Glad you pointed this out. I noticed it as well. I have to end up scrolling up to see what it autocompleted to, before hitting return, because it goes completely out of view with a huge amount of white space underneath the autocompleted name. Its annoying to say the least.

And BTW, it happens in Safari as well, so its not limited to Chrome. Haven't tried in Firefox yet.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hey all,

We’re aware that this is an issue, and are currently testing a hotfix that will be pushed out to the site soon.

Doesn't look like it's quite out yet, as I still see the tall column when trying to @ mention someone.
Once we get the hotfix pushed out, the @ mention column should go back to looking normal again.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

mm2270

Thanks for the update @amanda.wulff! Glad to hear this will be fixed sometime soon.

michael_abbott
New Contributor III

This should be fixed now. Thanks @donmontalvo for letting us know!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Nice, I'm not losing my mind! :D

--
https://donmontalvo.com

mm2270

Yep, confirmed its fixed now. That was quick! Thanks!