Bomgar and Student devices

PCAE2981
New Contributor II

Hello, Has anyone had any luck getting Bomgar to work with full control? I have read a few articles about using PPPC which im not familiar with. I have jump clients install on the devices, but when i remote to them im in a view only mode. The user doesnt have admin rights to check the Bomgar box in Security/ privacy. So im stuck, if someone has had good luck with this os PPPC to tell Mac to trust Bomgar it would be very helpful!!

5 REPLIES 5

takayuki
New Contributor III

Hi @Greg09281

We use Bomgar 20.1 at this moment, and the following Jamf Pro PPPC settings allow us to fully control Mac computers remotely. The end users just need to approve the screen recording privacy control manually from their end (no administrative privileges required).

23233003d6274e1eb937de88e32c89d2

Just ensure the full control icon is selected from the Bomgar console.

936996fef0fd42938e4ec2dcdd1f546e

Jackie_Mac
New Contributor II

Setting this up now. Do they have to restart the session after they approve the screen recording privacy control manually from their end? And do you know if the user’s screen recording approval persists for future Bomgar sessions or do they have to approve it every time?

PCAE2981
New Contributor II

Thank you!! Im on Version 19 but should still work?

PCAE2981
New Contributor II

This is what I get after i set that in PPPC
6edd84291be445dba100596aab91239e

PCAE2981
New Contributor II

The issue was resolved, I found i had to use the PPPC utility and add the Plist after i set it on the 1 machine. Works now Thanks!