Boot Loop after Installing Rosetta

MStasiak
New Contributor III

Anyone else getting stuck in a boot loop after installing Rosetta? 2020 M1 MacBook installed 14.6.1, enrolled with JAMF, but after installing rosetta the computer gets stuck in a boot loop. DFU restore doesn't fix the issue. Happens with multiple laptops.

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Rosetta cannot really cause a bootloop, but if you have multiple devices and are sure its Rosetta I suggest opening a ticket with Apple. How are you installing it? 

MStasiak
New Contributor III

Originally had it installing through a policy script. Installing it manually yielded the same result. I've even let all the other policies and applications get installed and let the computer sit for hours and it worked fine, then installed rosetta and instant boot loop upon restart.

Jason33
Contributor III

What else is your script doing aside from installing Rosetta, if anything? Have you tried changing to running a command in a policy, instead of the script? Its also weird this is happening after you've installed manually.

I use this command in my policy to install Rosetta, its the first in my deployment workflow and have not had any issues

Files and Process/Execute Command:

/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license