Cisco AMP for M1 Chips

ray_henry
New Contributor II

I've received the error below on 2 of my Macs, both with M1 chips. Anyone seen this before and if so any idea how I can get past it?

installer: This package requires Rosetta 2 to be installed. Please install Rosetta 2 and then try again. sudo softwareupdate --install-rosetta

installer: Error - AMP for Endpoints Connector v1.14.1.807 can’t be installed on this computer.

I'm using payloads to install AMP and it works on all the Intel Macs.

5 REPLIES 5

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Well, that error message states you need to install Rosetta before installing your package. So, did you install Rosetta?

iJake
Valued Contributor

Cisco AMP 1.15.4 and higher are Apple Silicon native and no longer require Rosetta.

AMP for Endpoints Mac Connector OS Compatibility

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

It's not the running of the application, I think it's the installation of the package. You need to install Rosetta before installing a package. Unless you repackage to support both arm and intel. 

IamGroot
New Contributor III

How are you installing the Cisco Amp package? I typically extract DMG to the /Users/Shared folder and then use a install from DMG script to install the plug mounted by the DMG since there’s a hidden folder in the DMG with the policies that the post install script runs.

Could you by chance share that process? Amp is kicking my butt. (New)