Connection failure: "The operation couldn't be completed. (Error 502.)"

Mateo137
New Contributor II

I received this error message on 5 machines this morning. I'm assuming that our policy to recon tried to run but couldn't because the user terminated their connection in the middle of it.
I just wanted to see if anybody else has seen this before.
Thanks

Executing Policy JAMF Recon
Running script JAMF Recon...
Script exit code: 1
Script result: Retrieving inventory preferences from https://
Finding extension attributes...
Locating applications...
Locating accounts...
Locating software updates...
Locating package receipts...
Locating plugins...
Locating printers...
Locating hard drive information...
Searching path: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins
Searching path: /Users/[domain username]/Applications
Searching path: /Users/[Local Admin Username]/Applications
Searching path: /Applications
Locating hardware information (Mac OS X 10.14.5)...
Gathering application usage information...
Submitting data to https://
There was an error.

Connection failure: "The operation couldn’t be completed. ( error 502.)"
Error running script: return code was 1.

30 REPLIES 30

hdsreid
Contributor III

im seeing this on some computers all of a sudden too

CorpIT_eB
Contributor II

I second this as well.

CorpIT_eB
Contributor II

@Mateo137 Do you have a ticket open with JAMF on this or have you got any more info on your situation?

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

@CorpIT_eB @hdsreid @Mateo137

Have you gotten a resolution to this? We started seeing this just after moving the a jamf cloud instance last week. I've opened a ticket with Support but they can't finding anything yet.

vanschip-gerard
Contributor

Im getting the same error when uploading pkg files. Seems to be very random. Opened several tickets, when I do they do some tweaking and then it works for a bit but will fail again.

THGMatt
New Contributor

I'm seeing this error during recon on several of our machines as well. Did anyone ever get a resolution?

markwangpd
New Contributor II

I'm seeing this on a few too

jappleseed7
New Contributor II

did this get resolved - now seeing also

beeboo
Contributor

ill add to this that ive been seeing it sporadically for a bit.

1 of a few things can happen, and ill list in them from least to most common:
1. either it fails the recon, and actually fails, then it says it will upload the data on next check in. probably internet related, but 1/100
2.recon fails with the 502, but if you refresh JSS itll show the updated info (i can only verify on the 2 EAs that im keeping an eye on) - 1/20 or so

maybe just a glitch, maybe a fluke, but 99%+ of the time, at least it seems to me, the recon is actually going through.

granted, im us-east-1, so im getting maintenance for at least another 3-4 hours.
maybe thatll fix something.

on that note, does plist changes in config profiles work for you guys?
i see the option to choose the jamf stuff along with what version mau, but when it comes to the actual plist settings, its blank :(

sherwin
New Contributor II

I am getting it too, sent in trouble ticket to JAMF.

JamfMyMac
Contributor

any update on this any one?

gregreznik
New Contributor III

I'm getting this often as well!

ovortiz
New Contributor II

I am having the issue as well and is affecting my whole provisioning workflow.

JamelB
New Contributor III

Same issue also for me with a script "sudo jamf recon" on the Self service... I don't know why

Steven5342
New Contributor III

Same issue while uploading a small pkg. Any resolve?

JKingsnorth
Contributor

Has anyone resolved this? Seems to be part of an issue we are having with devices not checking in.

mickl089
Contributor III

Same problems here since this morning...

landonletzkus
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hey all! Has anyone successfully worked through this with Jamf support? Seeing it on a sizable chunk of devices over the past week. Have a ticket of my own open, but thought I'd check with the hive mind as well 🙂 

Mateo137
New Contributor II

There hasn't been a solution since I posted this. To be honest I stopped seeing the issue but I don't doubt that it still happens for others.

@landonletzkus Let us know what JAMF support comes up with on the ticket that you have open.

Tanos
New Contributor II

Any news for this issue ?

BrookesMSK
New Contributor

have the same issue trying to jamf recon -assetTag 

ladygreyjedi
New Contributor III

We've developed this issue as well. It's causing issues with JAMF Admin logins, device enrollments, and recons. Case opened to support. 

lesleyannv
New Contributor II

Ditto we have the same issue cant enroll new laptops or re-enroll freshly wiped machines.. recon throws back a 502 error.. jamf support hasn't gotten back to us .. Our instance is completely unusable. 

dgeiler
Contributor

IMG_1587.jpg

 I have created a Case for the support they are having the cloud support team run queries. I post their solution.

2023-03-29_12-44-50.png

 We are also experiencing self-service issues. 

Eigger
Contributor III

This issue started happening to us as well, we have an open case CS0995650 and already escalated to the highest level of support, but no one can figure out the fix or the root cause at least.  I searched Jamf Nation as well, but can't find a Solved post.  Please, if one of you resolved this, and you have case number I can share with Jamf Support, please be so kind as to share it with me.  School is about to start and we have hundreds of machines still need to be re-provisioned. Thank you!

lesleyannv
New Contributor II

Hi Eigger this happened to us about a year ago; there weren't any solutions we could administer ourselves. I believe the solution was a restart of our instance done by Jamf Support. 

Eigger
Contributor III

Thank you @lesleyannv ! I shared this whole thread with our Jamf Support, I hope they can review previous cases mentioned here and your response and come up with a solution.

ladygreyjedi
New Contributor III

They fixed our issue by moving us to a new node. CS0851866 was our case

Eigger
Contributor III

Thank you,@ladygreyjedi.I appreciate the case number.  I hope they can review this case and help resolve our issue.