DEP and Apple Configurator error

DeanaE
New Contributor

We are receiving an error trying to set up new iPads that have been activated with DEP. When running Configurator the error message is"unable check iOS" or "unable to activate". A conversation with Apple Support tells us we must use either DEP or Configurator - we can not use Configurator to manage the iPads if they are enrolled through DEP. Is there a way that We can use Configurator to manage iPads that have been activated with DEP and enrolled in Casper?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Unless Apple decides to build DEP support into configurator, I believe this is just the way it is. If you want to use configurator, remove the devices from your PreStage Enrollment scope in Casper.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

madair
New Contributor

We are having the exact scenario at our school. I cannot get these to complete the preparation without and error. I have been using the documentation provided by JAMF.

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Unless Apple decides to build DEP support into configurator, I believe this is just the way it is. If you want to use configurator, remove the devices from your PreStage Enrollment scope in Casper.

DeanaE
New Contributor

CBrewer - thank you. By unchecking the devices in DEP and erasing all content and setting we are now able to prepare the devices.

khurram
Contributor III

hi guys, One of the main reasons we would use Apple Configurator is for supervising iPads so that they can be used with Casper Focus.

My query is that if you enroll the iPads using DEP then does it support Casper Focus. We dont know or we cant test it because DEP is not yet completely available in Australia.