Deploystudio - new Netboot set

KRIECCO
Contributor

I have got the new macbooks and the netboot set is not valid anymore. I have done this many times before, but somehow I simply can not get this working.

I boot the new macbook pro in target disk mode- and install deploystudio on another mac, and run the deploystudio assistant where I create a new netboot set from the new macbook pro.

I then copy the nbi file to the server, where I place it in the right folder - and afterwards check in the server.app that the image is listed and set as default

But when trying to network boot from the new macbook, the globe is spinning arround and then the "no access" icon is showed, as is the boot set not correct, but I have made it from this pc

I have tried to update deploystudio to latest, restartet the server etc - but simply cannot find anything more to try. Do any have some suggestions ? - is there a log somewhere, to find the reason why netboot is rejected ?

7 REPLIES 7

ctasquer
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,
It's probably a SIP problem.
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/16712/netboot-server-now-needs-to-be-trusted-for-os-x-el-capitan
Since El Capitan, you need to use csrutil terminal command to netboot automatically your mac with a netboot server.

KRIECCO
Contributor

I am running Sierra on new MacBooks - server is Runing yosemite

KRIECCO
Contributor

The netboot set I created on the new macbook pro 2016 is working fine on older mac models - so the netboot set is working

Can anyone confirm that the new macbook pro 2016 are able to netboot ? I am using the original belkin ethernet adapter for this.

At bootup the mac can see the netboot image - but after some time when the globus is spinning, it show the icon "access denied" . And the netboot set is made from this actual pc, so it is not as this netboot set is invalid

KRIECCO
Contributor

Something more to add. Just tried to a macbook pro 2016 15" where the netboot is working!! - same cables and everything.
So it seems to be issue on macbook pro 2016 13" - can anyone confirm this ?

KRIECCO
Contributor

OK - I am really going nutz. For some reason this macbook pro 2016 15 inch only was able to boot one time with the netboot. I use the same cable and same adapter, but know it suddenly show no access icon, as also the 13 inch. It is really freaking me out ? - how can this work one time with network boot and then suddenly not more. I can still boot fine on old macbooks '

I really don´t know how to troubleshoot, with such an issue - where it works 1 time out of 50 times I have tried. Also tried a different new 15 inch, also not working

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@rossoneris Does it have to be a DS netinstall? I've had folks report that they've been able to successfully boot to a NetBoot image created with AutoCasperNBI on the TouchBar macs

KRIECCO
Contributor

OK - right now installing.
DId a netboot set on a USB key and I managed to come into the gui where to pick the image.

So insane strange how it could work one time - but if this is the way then I do it with a bootable USB key