Devices no longer showing up for prestage enrollment

DJJazzyJamf
New Contributor II

So I recently updated the server token in jamf pro for our ABM instance as it expired on the 1st.  Both jamf pro and ABM show that they are sync'ed and communicating with each other, however, in jamf pro, when I go to check our existing prestage enrollments, they are all showing 0 devices available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DJJazzyJamf
New Contributor II

After banging my head against the wall I decided to just make a new MDM in ABM and new automated deployment in jamf.  Uploaded the key and token and moved a few devices over and they appear as normal.  Going to move the rest of the devices over and call it done.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

the devices in ABM are assigned to your JAMF?

DJJazzyJamf
New Contributor II

Yes, all devices are assigned.  They all showed as available in jamf as well until I updated the token.

mschlosser
Contributor

i believe you must always use the same apple id for this, that you used when first setup jamf; if you use a different apple id, during the renewal, because the certificate is different, communication with enrolled devices will break. to avoid this, use the same apple id, and always renew before the expiry.

It is the same apple id.

oh the app token, sorry for the misunderstanding. yes presages may be a decent place to start.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@DJJazzyJamf Do you have more than one PreStage? A device will only show in one PreStage at a time, so if for some reason the late token renewal resulted in your devices being re-assigned to a different one than the one you're looking at that would explain why you're not seeing them.

DJJazzyJamf
New Contributor II

Yes, we have 4 prestage enrollments set up.  I check all of them and the devices do not appear in any.

MikePh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

If you go to Settings -> Global -> Automated Device Enrollment and click the devices tab can you confirm you see them there? If ABM is syncing correctly they should be listed.

What PreStage if any is listed next to the device? As stated a device can only be in one PreStage so it wouldn't show as an option in scope of another PreStage if it was already scoped. 

Other things to consider are you using sites at all that you were toggled into a site? Try going to the top and making sure you are looking at the full Jamf Pro instance. 

Lastly and might be a slight oversight were you looking in Devices -> Prestages and expecting to see computers? (or vice versa)

DJJazzyJamf
New Contributor II

Hi Mike,

That is where I am checking.  I go to Settings -> Global -> Automated Device Enrollment.  Our ABM instance shows up, but when I click on it and go to devices, no devices are showing.

MikePh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Under the Details tab of the ABM object, if you take a look at the Server Name. Note this as this is the name of the server in ABM. Next you'll want to log into ABM and go to your name at the bottom left corner, preferences and then in the middle look at MDM Servers. What servers do we see here? Are there more than one? We should see your MDM server name from Jamf listed here with some devices. 

Since there are 0 devices it sounds like they may have been assigned to another MDM server (since no sync error was happening) so I would confirm the above first. Otherwise, I would try to renew the token just to be on the safe side of things. 

DJJazzyJamf
New Contributor II

After banging my head against the wall I decided to just make a new MDM in ABM and new automated deployment in jamf.  Uploaded the key and token and moved a few devices over and they appear as normal.  Going to move the rest of the devices over and call it done.