Enrolling windows machine into JSS

anand
New Contributor II

We have been already been pushing installer packages to enrolled mac devices, but now we are expanding to push them to windows devices.
What is the prevailing procedure to enroll the windows machine, so that it can be managed from JSS, other than using recon.exe which has now been depreciated with the latest version of Jamf Pro.

Secondly if the windows machine is enrolled, can a msi installer be pushed from the JSS to the enrolled machine and how can the user info be obtained of that windows machine analogous to obtaining the user info in OS X using managed preference.

6 REPLIES 6

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Hi @anand

Previously, Windows devices were only supported to provide inventory data and you cannot manage them, or push out installers / packages / MSIs to them.

Currently, even this feature of Jamf Pro has been deprecated and removed. It's one of the reasons that you don't get recon.exe in the Jamf Pro suite anymore.

I'd suggest looking at alternative solutions for your Windows management needs

Darren

anand
New Contributor II

Hi Derren,

I would thank for your reply.

Do you want to say that now onwards, Windows devices cannot be managed using JAMF solution in future?

Regards,
Anand Choubey

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Hi @anand

No, jamf could never manage windows devices. Only collect inventory.

Now that’s also not supported.

Darren

miregan
Contributor II

I suggest using something like SCCM for managing Windows devices.

marklamont
Contributor III

that said it is possible to use jamf as a central inventory store which you can, with a bit of thought, use in various workflow scenarios by utilising the jamf api.
We did a presentation on the concept at a recent London apple Admins event which is here

WsIT
New Contributor II

Hi,
Is there an option to enroll windows / linux without need to manage them, but just for having certificate on the device and/or system info?

Thanks