High Sierra and Pre-Stage Enrollment

retroroscoe
Contributor

I have noticed that after imaging a machine with High Sierra and then using pre-stage enrollment. Machines are skipping setting the location even though I have that unchecked in my pre stage settings (does work in Sierra).
Machines are still asking for a local account to be created even though this has been skipped in settings as well.

6 REPLIES 6

sharriston
Contributor III

So one of the things I noticed was using the original installer as a restore image was causing issues where the device couldn't check in or run all the policies. I made a new restore image using the High Sierra installer that came out earlier this week and those issues seem to have been resolved on my test machines.

fafawe
New Contributor III

Hey retroroscoe,

I've got the same issue with locations and I've already opened a support ticket for that.
Here the feedback I did get:

"I now was able to fully re-produce the issue we're seeing, but unfortunately did not find a resolution yet. One idea would be that there are dependencies on the items being checked. Tomorrow I'll be doing more testings and let you know my findings soon."

Lets wait for some more feedback through Jamf on this. I'll keep you updated.

Best regards

fafawe
New Contributor III

They did open a Product Issue on this topic: PI-004777
Right now they are looking for a workaround but it isn't that easy because of SIP.
I'll let you know if there is something new on this topic.

nvandam
Contributor II

Just wanted to add that I'm seeing the same issue. Location services page shows up in Sierra setup assistant but not in High Sierra.

jmariani
Contributor

Also seeing this issue in our environment, has anyone heard if there's a fix?

nvandam
Contributor II

I forgot I commented on this. But I did find a solution. Not sure if it’s a workaround or this is expected behavior. @haircut did a nice write up explaining it all. https://www.macblog.org/post/express-setup-location-services-time-zone-and-high-sierra/