Like it thus far :)

28 REPLIES 28

pchang
New Contributor

Sweeet! I likey likey too!

fritz_schlapbac
Contributor

Yes, I like it too.

But I'm still missing an "inform me on new posts" function to keep in touch with interesting topics. Please? ;-)

colonelpanic
Contributor

If you go to edit your account, then select "e-mail options", it is in there. Hope this helps!

clifhirtle
Contributor II

Thanks CP. This was a major pain point for me too and the resolution not obvious. Very glad to find this.

New formatting works/looks great on iPad.

Minor issue:

1. Twitter buttons rendering funny
  2. Cannot edit posts

fritz_schlapbac
Contributor

Thank you @colonelpanic!

Didn't see that. :-)

andyinindy
Contributor II

Anyone else seeing weird formatting of long URL's in posts when viewed from an iPhone? They seem to break the page width.

tijones
New Contributor II

Have we lost the ability to edit posts? also the ablity to add images via IMG tags?

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Anyone else missing an edit button?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

edit + my posts :(

otherwise = wicked!!

Matt
Valued Contributor

Looks pretty nice. Much snappier :D

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Ah, didn't even notice that the edit button is missing. Hope that gets fixed soon. Otherwise loving the new design and features. :)

cvgs
Contributor II

IMO, the fonts are a little bit too large. While command + minus fixes that, i cannot do that on iOS... Otherwise very nice.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Still no way to private message someone, or am I missing it?

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Everyone -

Thanks for the feedback. We should have something soon to address the ability to edit posts and fix how some of the pages are rendered on mobile devices.

Thanks!
Jake

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Everyone -

The edit button is back! Sorry about that. Also, some of the rendering issues we were seeing on mobile devices should be resolved.

Thanks for your patience!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@jake Can we fix the missing-scroll bar-in-posted-scripts issue? :)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

mm2270

So, have we also lost the ability to look up our own posts, feature requests, etc (or those of other members for that matter) when we view our profile here? I can't see a way to look at my own posts. I'd really like to get that back. It was very useful.

If I'm just missing it somehow, someone please correct me.

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Don - we'll take a look and get that addressed.

Mike - you are correct. We have some plans for a new profile page and will be implementing something that will add this functionality back.

Thanks for the feedback!

talkingmoose

Adding my kudos late here.

The JAMF Nation site isn't even a year old but it's one of the greatest resources for any Mac software I've ever seen. Congratulations to Jake, Megan and the rest of the folks responsible for its design!

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Jake-
Any chance we'll see a slashdot or reddit-style up/down vote capability to rank posts and weight them in search results?

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey Jared - We don't have any short terms plan to implement this but it has been discussed. Can you create a feature request and see what the community thinks?

Thanks!

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

clifhirtle
Contributor II

Would love to have a section in my profile that shows all the threads I am getting subscriptions on or following, ala Apple Support boards. I see the "My Topics" section of the profile, but that's just general categories. Clearly the info's there to track email subscriptions, could we get that exposed to us directly?

Clif

nextyoyoma
Contributor

For the time being, you can go to this url to see all of your posts information:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userContributionsPosts.html?userID=<YOURID>

Where YOURID is your user id, which you can get by going to "my profile" and looking in the address bar. It's not pretty, but it works.

clifhirtle
Contributor II

Thanks for that YOURID workaround Charlie! That's sufficient for now with (hopefully) something a bit more comprehensive down the line.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Anyone else notice you're able to edit a Discussion post but not a Feature Request post? (And I mean comments on the FR, not the FR itself.)

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Everyone -

You can now view community contributions by clicking a username to view a users profile. Thank you again for being patient with us!

Jake

mm2270

Sweet!! Nicely done guys! So glad that's back, new, improved and shinier than ever! :)