how to apply mobileconfig for config profile

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

i am testing Dock Master (http://errorfreeit.com.au/blog/2015/4/28/dock-master) and it created a mobile config from the site. When I create a new configuration profile in JSS how do I apply the mobile config? do I use the custom settings payload and upload the mobileconfig ?

or should i just use the Dock payload in the configuration profile ?

whether its the mobileconfig or the Dock payload being used I want all existing and NEW users to get this Dock

or how can i use a current test users ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist and using Composer create a dmg out of this and apple it to FUT and FEU ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cpdecker
Contributor III

My understanding is that you can upload a mobileconfig file using the "Upload" button on the Configuration Profiles page. That worked for a Chrome mobileconfig file for me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cpdecker
Contributor III

My understanding is that you can upload a mobileconfig file using the "Upload" button on the Configuration Profiles page. That worked for a Chrome mobileconfig file for me.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

I use a configuration profile for dock items using the dock payload..
It just works, and you dont need to use 3rd parties to achieve..

You can edit the XML in tomcat to add applications to the list.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

i uploaded the .mobileconfig from Dock Master and my Lab now has a default, unchangeable dock

tdilossi
Contributor

How do you lock this config before uploading it to jamf? My config looks different than the one I set after i pushed it through jamf.

tdilossi
Contributor

Just FYI,
I had my config profile signed by jamf, since we do not have a developer account at my School District. I installed the signed config, and deployed it.