iOS Guided Access

pellis
New Contributor II

Soooooo I just found out that the Questar testing app is prompting iPads to have "Guided Access" turned on in the settings to proceed once landing in the app. Thats a 4-5 step process that is overwhelming to Teacher's to demonstrate to 3rd and 4th graders. Is there no way possible for me to turn that on over the air with a Configuration Profile?

Last ditch effort I will send out the steps for teachers to just Airplay onto the board for students to follow along to turn on Guided Access. I just know there are smarter people than me out here that might know a solution already.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Yes, there's a section for Single App Mode in the mobile configuration profile menu. The problem is there's no way to schedule it, so you need to scope it out when you intend to use it, or have those iPads permanently locked into single app mode.

mecklind
New Contributor III

The app should support Autonomous Single App Mode. This will lock the app into single app mode at the appropriate time and unlock with needed.

In your configuration profile under restrictions > Applications under the box for Autonomous Single App Mode enter the bundle id for the app.

I currently use this for our state testing app, airsecure, and it works flawlessly. If that doesn't work you could test to see if a profile with single app mode for the app meets the requirements.

Emmert
Valued Contributor

I believe autonomous single app mode is something that the app has to be aware of. If the testing app was written without this in mind I don't believe that would do anything. But it's worth a shot if perhaps the feature was added but the instructions were not updated.

mecklind
New Contributor III

I found this post that should help you out, it is in regards to the questar app and ASAM Here