Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

setting airport via launchd

I know this isn't totally Casper related but I can't seem to get this script to run for me. I am running the script manually and I get weird output errors, here is the script #!/bin/sh #this script will be used in conjunction with launchd to enable n...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable port 9006 connectivity

Hi- Is there a safe way to disable any connectivity to port 9006 on the server? I tried commenting out the port 9006 connector in server.xml and while it worked, the JSS Setup Utility reported that Tomcat was unavailable and down, even though it was ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spam: Re: Casper Airport Issues

I also had similar issues while making a new base image to be used as aNetInstall set. Once I built a new NetInstall using the JAMF NetInstallCreator v2.02, my NetInstalls stopped pushing .pkg files and a few otheroddities. It seemed as though Compos...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Menubar Items [Revisited]

Hi all, Just wanted to report back on the Menubar items subject I sent out a while back for those interested. The mcx file Criss sent seemed like it would work, however, when I placed it in the Library/Managed Preferences/ directory of the local mach...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X.5.6 versions

I need a little direction in regards to to which version of Apple OX.5.6 is useable to which machines. I had thought one given version of OSX.5.6 would work across the board for the entire product line (macbooks, macbook pros, mac pros, etc..) I rece...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Airport Issues

We finally solved this problem!!! There is some action that Composer 7 takes when crunching an OS imagethat breaks the wireless configuration. We built the same image againand used Composer 6.01, which resulted in a larger DMG and took a muchlonger t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x login profile...again

I'm currently still working on my 802.1x login profile script for 10.5 andhave managed to find that most of the settings I need to change are withinpreferences.plist. What I'm having trouble with is a particular parentdictionary inside that uses serv...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

distribution point replication

Hi Guys, Im trying to setup 2 DP and have them sync, I tried this on 2 test servers and had the same problem, i managed to solve it back then but cant remember how and now the same thing is happening on my live servers. I have created the master DP T...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos destroy script - Ammendment!

Ryan Harter just pointed out a pretty important error in my earlier post about the Kerberos destroy script that Nathanial was wondering about....Casper is already using the logout hook, so if you were to set a different script to the logout hook you ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos destory script?

Little help on scripting please. I'm trying to get a logout script that will destroy the Kerberos ticket cache at logout. I can make it work in Terminal but when pushed with Casper Remote or a policy it does nothing. This is all I have: #!/bin/sh####...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5.6 Laptop Airport Issues - Build numbers

Apple posts the build numbers included with new Macs in their knowledgebase:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1159 You'll notice the 17-inch MacBook Pro (Early 2009) ships with build number9G2141 and that the new Mac Pro (Early 2009) ships with 9G3553. 9...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Hogging CPU usage

I'm noticing softwareup process is taking up a lot of CPU usage on my JSSserver. Typically between 90 ­ 100%. Rebooting the server is not helpingthis issue. At one point prior to reboot there were two softwareup processesrunning. One at 100.6% and th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD mobile accounts, Migration Assistant, Casper Imaging

I’ve noticed that when we use Migration assistant to migrate accounts from an ld computer to a new computer the AD mobile account does not appear to be available via Migration Assistant if the old computer was imaged by Casper. I’m finding computers ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5.6 Laptop Airport Issues

We are having a problem with imaging machines using a 10.5.6 base image.Specifically, when the image is deployed onto newer Macbooks (bothplastic and aluminum) and MacBook Pros, the airport configuration doesnot work. The WEP keys are still registere...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

scripts and $ parameters

Hi Guys Im trying to create a script where I can use the Casper $4 - $11 parameters. Ive created a script that works locally and i want to substitute one of the parameters with $4 so that i can then add that parameter in Casper Remote when i use the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Desktop Pattern

Simple thing.. I want to lock the desktop patter on our laptop carts. I can't find a way! The only thing is a policy that sets it for log in, but they don't reboot the machines often and it logs in locally. The kids spend 15 minutes of class time cha...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to make a package for rEFI

Hi Folks, I have a dual boot machine working from Casper. But I will like to install rEFI also for a triple boot.Did anybody manage to make a package of rEFI? thanks Carmelo Lopez Portilla ITS EMBL HeidelbergTel. +49 (0) 6221 387 8444Fax +49 (0) 6221...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Desktop Patterns

The short answer to your question, Kathie, is that in the absence of MCXmanagement (from Workgroup Manager on the local subnet), there's no realway to guarantee that a user can never change their desktop settings,including the wallpaper. All of these...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to check disk space on /Volumes/Data?

Hi Folks, We've gone to using three partitions for our machines: Restore, Macintosh HD, and Data. Restore contains the Casper Restore partition. Macintosh HD contains the OS and applications. Data contains the User home folders. I know I can track fr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service and Maintenance Tasks

We've had some success operating outside of a strictly Casper way ofhandling remote software updates in a wireless laptop environment. I'm assuming that you're using an internal SUS to control which updatesare being offered to clients. Even still, we...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Name

I can't recall this, but isn't there a way to change a computer name remotely? I looked in the documentation and I can't seem to locate this information. Any help is appreciated.Kathie IorizzoLower School TechnicianThe Latin School of Chicagokiorizzo...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

offline policy...

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun on asking this but I need a quick answer. Isanyone using ongoing polices that are made available offline? I need tobe able to give my users access to a Self Service policy when they're athome and not on our network. Am I u...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and Firefox 3.1 beta

I've gotten this issue with the alst two versions of the beta of Firefox, but when I'm creating a policy and adding individual computers to the list, I'm getting a spinning beachball and stalling for 30 seconds for every 10 seconds of useablity. It's...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 updates - any "gotchas"?

So, I've got a functional CS4 install script/package from the JumpStart, but now I need to worry about deploying the updates (since the users are non-admin AND the corporate firewall precludes Adobe Updater from doing its thing). How are others handl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

forum?

Is anyone interested in a web knowledge base / forum / repository, or what ever you wanna call it for us? This list is great for communication and support for the Casper community and im not suggesting we change it or stop using it, but would anyone ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

windows with casper

For anyone who is interested, Attached are my scripts for installing XP and Vista on to a Mac using Casper, The client can be imaged during the Casper Imaging stage or later on, attached are scripts for install by Netinstall or via Capser Remote/ Sel...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

non-admin printer access

Jeff, I think a lot of folks are thinking that modifying the CUPS configuration file will allow users to add printers via System Preferences -- I know that's what I thought until I started reading deeper. I have discovered if you want to give users q...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

vmware

Is there a best practice for creating the vmware package? How do I stop the registration page from appearing?Thank you for your help.RobynRobyn O. Berland, Manager35 W 4th Street, 2nd FloorITS Multimedia Center------------------------------------t: 2...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors