Jamf Account Coming Soon!

bchowdhury
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello Jamf Nation!

At Jamf, we’re always looking for ways to improve your experience. That’s why today we’re excited to announce that soon we’ll release Jamf Account. This new portal will serve as a central hub where partners and customers can easily find the features related to their individual Jamf accounts. The features included in Jamf Account are:

• My Assets (re-named to Products in Jamf Account)
• Create/View Support Cases
• Jamf ID Profile

Please note, after moving to Jamf Account, these features will no longer be available in Jamf Nation. Visit https://www.jamf.com/lp/jamf-account/ for more information.

21 REPLIES 21

tomt
Valued Contributor

Why are you wasting time with things like this when there are so many issues with Jamf Pro waiting to be fixed? These issues cause problems in production for your customers and really should be your number one priority.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@bchowdhury I noticed you mentioned that Jamf Account will be where we access our Jamf ID Profile. What does that actually entail? I'm noticing in Jamf Nation that there is no longer a link to my Jamf Nation profile on when I click on the avatar. I've submitted a support case, my customer rep is looking into it, and I also posted a discussion here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/39036/can-no-longer-see-links-to-my-profile-in-jamf-nat...

Is this a result of the changes you're making? If so, can you please add the profile link back to the avatar menu?

scottb
Honored Contributor

I must be dense because it sounds like the same functionality with a different name?

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@scottb It's going to take you to a different site essentially. Given the change in UI, that might be a little jarring at first. But otherwise it's actually a good thing if the functionality sounds like it will be the same. Losing functionality would be a bad experience after all.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@bpavlov - thx, but, again, aside from a "new site" what do we gain here? Sound like no losses, but also what's gained?

tomt
Valued Contributor

It just seems like so much wasted effort for minimal (if no) gain at the expense of customer annoyance at having another thing to deal with. Jamf just seems to have their priorities all screwed up.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I can only speculate, but I'm guessing that the manner in which Jamf Nation was built may have had some constraints with the way Jamf is operating as a company. They now have Jamf Connect, Jamf Protect, Jamf School, Jamf Parent, etc. I'm guessing there will be more flexibility into how they add new products and service. And there may be tighter and more seamless integrations with new products and perhaps CRM tools, support tools, etc. instead of just throwing it all into one place and trying to make things work when they don't. I'm not sure what a good analogy would be, but sometimes you just need to re-write something for scalability and growth. And the gain may not be immediate in the short term, but it would be in the long term.

The other possibility is that there are current administrative hurdles that the Jamf employees managing accounts have to struggle with that this new Jamf Account site will help resolve. So it may seem the same to us, but may actually save those Jamf employees a lot of time with administrative work?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Sounds like a separation of the things an org might expect to deal directly with Jamf for from the Jamf Nation "Apple IT management community" which is not an entity you'd expect to be involved with generating/renewing the APNS cert for your Jamf Pro installation.

bchowdhury
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@bpavlov Jamf ID Profile is where you will manage your Jamf ID. You can upload your avatar, update your name, password, email address or other account related preferences including language, and time zone. Jamf Nation Profile link will be available again by next week. We apologize for any inconvenience.

bchowdhury
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@tomt As you’re probably aware, we have multiple teams at Jamf working to improve all facets of our offering. While a number of Jamfs are dedicated to making improvements to our products, others of us will always work to streamline the overall customer experience. We believe Jamf Account will provide improved user experience and workflows to access your Jamf assets/products, option to log into your product instances, manage your support tickets etc. We hope that’s what you will find with Jamf Account.

bchowdhury
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@bpavlov Thanks for sharing what we’ve experienced at Jamf. Rapid growth of product lines have presented challenges which we believe Jamf Account will help alleviate. You are right that the direction we are going we will be able to build seamless integration with our existing and new products. Making it easy for customers to access the things they need to succeed is incredibly important to us, so we’re excited about the use of a new space that will serve as a door into Jamf.

bchowdhury
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I want to thank you everyone for your passion! We are reading all of your posts and we’re so grateful to see the thought that went into each of your posts. As with anything new, more information is coming, so thanks for your patience and understanding as we work hard to make improvements to your Jamf experience!

bchowdhury
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@bpavlov You can now access Jamf Nation Profile via "User Profile" link when you click on your avatar.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Thanks for resolving that.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@bchowdhury I just noticed that I can no longer view my existing support cases. I can only start a new support case when I click on my avatar. Is it fair to say that this was taken down as the transition to the new Jamf Account site takes place? Also, around when should we expect the new Jamf Account site to go live?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@bpavlov I noticed the same thing yesterday when I opened a new case for the first time in a while. But you can still see your cases by clicking on Support at the top. From there you should be able to see all your past and/or current support cases.
But it does seem like some of these changes are coming around the same time Jamf is transitioning away from having Jamf Nation be the one stop location for everything, so maybe it's just part of the transition.

wmehilos
Contributor

Did it just go live? I had the UI change with a single refresh. Looks great!

pwskura
New Contributor

Jamf Account now appears and works fine for me so far. However, I do not see my "team" anywhere. Are our account contacts supposed have a spot on the new portal?

bchowdhury
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@wmehilos Yes, Jamf Account went live today. We're glad to hear you're as excited as we are about this new user experience. Here is our new Jamf Nation post https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/39091/jamf-account-is-live

Awesome, @pwskura ! We're glad to hear you're as excited as we are about this new user experience. Also, thank you for bringing the "account contacts" to our attention. Unfortunately we have intentionally took this out for lack of usage.

scottb
Honored Contributor

OK, this sure is better than it sounded! Just logged in and it a nice re-do!
Either I'm missing it, or is there a badge showing posts that have been updated like the old landing page? I realize that the "Jamf Nation Community" icon takes you there, but it would be nice to maybe see that badge there as well?
Otherwise, nicely done - thank you Jamf folks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems, that the change to "Jamf Account" was done in the background without the involvement of the user(s). Yesterday, I got a blank "My Assets" page and today, I get a "Jamf Account" page, when I am clicking the "My Assets" menu. To be honest, the new design is appealing an in my opinion clearer than the older one.