Jamf ID is Live on Jamf Nation!

msonntag
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Jamf Nation,
We are happy to report that Jamf ID is now live on Jamf Nation!

This means that anyone who logged in since this post has now been successfully migrated. If you are a user that had both a Jamf Nation and a Training account that share a primary email address (used to access the Training Catalog), you will be prompted to reset your password. Once your password is reset, your migration is complete!

For more information on this, check out the announcement post here.

Please let us know if you have any questions below.

26 REPLIES 26

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Confirming it worked for me, migrating training / Jamf nation account :) great!

john_sherrod
Contributor II

Just got mine migrated! Congrats, @msonntag to you and your team. This had to be a challenging project!

nwagner
Contributor

Getting into the training catalog doesn't work with Google Chrome for some reason. Works with FireFox though!

diradmin
Contributor II

Issues logging into the catalog with Safari as well.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

f2ea8cdcf96c47da8332818560758350

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

jamesandre
Contributor

The "Please follow this link to reset your Jamf Id password" goes to an Error 404 page. Accessed from Profile > Edit Profile > Password

https://www.jamf.com/CommunitiesSelfForgotPage

aaronpolley
Contributor

FWIW, logging in with my original Jamf Nation username and password failed

Logging in with my Training Page username and password it worked

aaronpolley
Contributor

Oh... and now both the old Jamf Nation password and the newer Training page password both work to sign into Jamf Nation! 😅

aaronpolley
Contributor

And tried to login to the training portal and now I have duplicate accounts.... I think I'm going to stop now....

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Training catalog login doesn't work in Safari and Chrome for me as well... :/

ReindertHoofd
New Contributor

Confirming it worked for me, migrating both accounts.

msonntag
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all, sorry for any difficulties anyone is having and thank you for reporting them here. For anyone having difficulties getting on to the Training Catalog, please go to account.jamf.com, login there and then click the link for the training catalog. We are working on a fix for the URL redirect from trainingcatalog.jamf.com.

Additionally, the correct link for password reset is https://account.jamf.com/CommunitiesSelfForgotPage, this is also getting fixed ASAP.

Thanks for your patience and please continue to let us know if you run into difficulties.

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

I tried to migrate to it...I'm having issues logging in to the training portal...it doesn't tell my my password isn't good, it just doesn't do anything. I am obviously able to log in here. :

byrnese
New Contributor III

I have the same experience as @jmahlman Multiple browsers, and computers all have the same result.

davidthornton
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmahlman @byrnese Please make sure your password meets these requirements.
• 8 or more characters
• one or more numbers
• one or more capital letters
If it does not, please go to https://account.jamf.com/CommunitiesSelfForgotPage to reset that password to meet those requirements
If your password already meets those requirements, then this is most likely due to the issue Mark stated above. Please attempt to log into the training catalog at account.jamf.com.

gabriel_duff
New Contributor

Sadly I have two different emails for each service and having some issues. I emailed support about it.

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

@david.thornton Thanks, I was able to log in there but I just see insufficient privileges there..I assume that's normal at this time?

davidthornton
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmahlman I think I have your stuff fixed up. You can log into account.jamf.com with your gmail account. You should now have access to the training catalog.

jhuls
Contributor III

It gets kinda messy dealing with stuff like this when Safari saves multiple versions of passwords over time and hasn't been cleaned out. I think it's finally straightened out.

Stubakka
Contributor II

@david.thornton I also have a situation where my gabriel101@gmail.com account does not have access to the training catalog, insufficient privileges error Id prefer this to be my JAMF ID to be honest as I do alot of contract work.

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

I see "Insufficient Privileges" when logging into Jamf Training Catalog. Note: I got all my certifications before this was created so I've never used this feature before.

Edit: on the registration page, I clicked "Get Started" under Jamf Pro. Then I entered my primary email address and password from my Jamf Nation account. I received the "Insufficient Privileges" message. When clicking the link on that page, it takes me to a generic Salesforce login page.

My Jamf Nation email address is not the same as my company email address.

ggetenj
New Contributor II
I see "Insufficient Privileges" when logging into Jamf Training Catalog. Note: I got all my certifications before this was created so I've never used this feature before. Edit: on the registration page, I clicked "Get Started" under Jamf Pro. Then I entered my primary email address and password from my Jamf Nation account. I received the "Insufficient Privileges" message. When clicking the link on that page, it takes me to a generic Salesforce login page.

Same here.

dannyvdwe
New Contributor

Confirming migration was successful for me

nvandam
Contributor II

Also have insufficient privileges in both Chrome and Safari.

f4238b34c847434b929c3c46c3430b1f

georgecm12
Contributor III

I was prompted to migrate my account, then update my password. I did both, and verified that the password updated by logging into Jamf Training. However, I still am unable to login to Jamf Nation with my email; I had to log in with my old Jamf Nation username and password.

Edit: after another password reset, I can now finally log in with my Jamf ID.

fernando_gonzal
Contributor

Does the Jamf ID IdP use authorization standards such as OAuth?
Just curious if Jamf ID will expand out to Jamf Cloud Instances or eventually support Multi Factor Authentication.