Jamf Nation Forum

BookMac
Contributor

Hello jamf nation,

If the goal of the new Jamf Nation Rewards program is to generate more content, user numbers and traffic, then it would be cool if jamf also considered redesigning the forum page. There are no specific topic areas. I can only search or scroll down. If I have then scrolled down so far that I have to click on "load more", then open a post and click back again, I am back at the top of the homepage and have to go back to the bottom and click on "load more". The only way to avoid this is to open a post in a new tab. Are there any thoughts on this?l

@Mitchell_Gordon 

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Generally speaking, Jamf Nation does not have a large user base unfortunately; especially when compared to something like TechNet. Then the vast majority of us use Jamf Pro, which leaves the Jamf School, and especially Jamf Now users in the cold. That is not even getting started on the Jamf Protect, and Safe Internet users which almost never see a resolution to their posts. The default view of Jamf Nation is to show all the posts, but you could navigate to specific topic areas like Jamf Now if you wanted to. I feel if Jamf segregated the posts more obviously, it would make the message board seem dead.

In addition to needing to grow the active user base, Jamf really needs to figure out how to get the spam posts under control. They introduced NoCaptcha last year to try to get bot posts under control which did not work very well. Right now, there are quite a few foreign (usually Hindi) spam posts for random phishing services, and a rise of chatBot posts. These dilute the content of the message board and take the admins time away from moderation.

AJPinto_1-1728478809032.png

AJPinto_0-1728478762403.png

Jason33
Contributor III

I think most people use the MacAdmins Slack channel for communication, particularly for quick answers to problems/issues.

Mitchell_Gordon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @BookMac If you use the top navigation this might help you navigate the site more than the homepage itself. The discussions, at this time, are under products. I have put a direct link below to this space. You can also get credit for contributions to groups an beta's/feedback groups ect. 

https://community.jamf.com/t5/products/ct-p/forums

We are looking at making some improvements in the coming months to the platform. I hope to be able to share more information on this as we get closer to releasing any updates.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as we look to build a space for all our users!