Jamf Pro 10.10 Release Info & Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Garrett_Denney
New Contributor III

Good morning, Jamf Nation,

We're excited to launch the latest version of the Jamf Pro 10 series - Jamf Pro 10.10 - today. Details about the release and a cloud upgrade schedule are below.

My inbox is always open. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Garrett

Please note: An issue was discovered following the general availability of Jamf Pro 10.10.0. To correct this issue, your Jamf Pro Server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro version 10.10.1 based on your hosted data region. The upgrade schedule is included here and release notes for both 10.10.0 and 10.10.1 are included at the bottom of this post.

Upgrade Schedule by Hosted Data Region
ap-southeast-2 Begins: Mar 1 at 1300 UTC Ends: Mar 1 at 2100 UTC
ap-northeast-1 Begins: Mar 1 at 1500 UTC Ends: Mar 1 at 2300 UTC
eu-central-1 Begins: Mar 1 at 2300 UTC Ends: Mar 2 at 0700 UTC
us-east-1 Begins: Mar 2 at 0500 UTC Ends: Mar 2 at 1700 UTC
us-east-1 sandbox Begins: Mar 2 at 0100 UTC Ends: Mar 2 at 0900 UTC

Need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance? Check out this guide to find out how.

Want to receive an alert when your Hosted Data Region is being updated? Subscribe to updates here.

If you would like to upgrade earlier, please contact your account representative, Jamf Support, at [success@jamf.com](mailto:success@jamf.com) and provide a preferred time during your normal business hours for the upgrade. We will do our best to accommodate. You should plan for 24-48 hours notice when requesting. New versions of the Jamf Pro apps are available for download on Jamf Nation in the "My Assets" section.

For more information about Jamf Pro 10.10.0, please review the release notes.

For information about Jamf Pro 10.10.1, please review the release notes.

9 REPLIES 9

twall
New Contributor III
Your Jamf Pro Server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro version 10.9 based on your hosted data region:

Shouldn't this say: Your Jamf Pro Server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro version 10.10 based on your hosted data region:

Garrett_Denney
New Contributor III

Nice catch, twall. Yes, that should say 10.10. Updated!

mthoma
New Contributor III

From http://docs.jamf.com/10.10.0/jamf-pro/release-notes/What's_New.html
"If you are upgrading from Jamf Pro 10.9.0 or earlier, the Jamf Pro 10.10.0 installers now include a prompt to update the MySQL database storage engine to InnoDB"

We were not prompted going from 10.9 to 10.10. So is it correct that we need to run the CLI tool as outlined in https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/531/converting-the-mysql-database-storage-engine-from-myisam-to-innodb-using-the-jamf-pro-server-tools-command-line-interface

And note: the CLI tool is not packaged with the manual install package.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

It's not hugely important, but I just wanted to mention that we have an NFR Jamf Pro license, and following the info in the linked KB I do not see a region listed under the NFR link. I'm guessing it's because we don't have a standard license, but wasn't sure. Again, not a huge deal, as I can be reasonably certain we'll be upgraded by Mar 2 based on the above info. 😊

drhoten
Contributor II

Hello @mthoma which installer were you using? The macOS, Windows and Linux installers should all display warnings when running the installer.

If on the other hand you were using the manual install, then you are correct there is no prompt. However in this case if you attempt to restart your Jamf Pro instance and navigate to the URL for your server, you will see a message about needing to converting to InnoDB.

To use Jamf Pro 10.10 you will need to either use the CLI to convert your database to InnoDB or perform the conversion manually.

Since the CLI tool is available through direct download and through a number of different package managers, we did not include it in the manual download.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

will the cloud upgrades to 10.10.0 scheduled for Friday be changed to 10.10.1?

landon_Starr
Contributor

I'd also like this confirm this ^^

jacob_bernardy
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jwojda @landon_Starr That's correct- the scheduled upgrades for this weekend will be directly to Jamf Pro version 10.10.1.

wbaky
New Contributor

How do i upgrade from 10.10 to 10.15/13?