JAMF Pro Stuck on "Analyzing web application" after restart

ssnyderMT
New Contributor

I modified the JAVA_OPTS to attempt to fix an issue we're having with our DEP token per https://macmule.com/2019/10/01/more-dep-sync-errors/#The_Solution. After doing so and restarting Tomcat it was freezing on "Analyzing web application". I restarted the VM and upon coming back up I was getting the same thing. I reverted the file back to its original settings, removing the text I added, but now I'm still getting stuck on "Analyzing web application."

Does anyone have any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

russeller
Contributor III

Logs are the best place to start. Depending on the OS you are hosting jamfPro there should be a tomcat directory and under that a logs directory. Here you'll find the JAMFSoftwareServer.log file. This should give you a better idea on what might be failing during startup.

I also found in this article:

Note: Initially, after adding this new line to the file the Jamf Pro service failed to start. This was due to the fact that when the command was shared with me it contained a smart quote “ rather than regular quotes ".

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Yea, I usually go for a short walk so I'm not watching the "stuck" progress bar.

Just went from 10.15.1 > 10.18.0 > 10.24.2, with 10.25.x coming soon.

That's two upgrades. Two short walks. No stress. :D

--
https://donmontalvo.com

sureshsur75
New Contributor

I experiencing the same issue , kindly help me to fix the issue:-

======================

2022-11-26 09:07:00,058 [ERROR] [s-publisher] [DataSource ] - Error requesting connection: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.jamfsoftware.datasource.util.database.DataSource.prepareStatement(DataSource.java:493) ~[datasource-util-10.38.0-t1651068120.jar:?]
at com.jamfsoftware.datasource.util.database.DataSource.prepareStatement(DataSource.java:252) ~[datasource-util-10.38.0-t1651068120.jar:?]
at com.jamfsoftware.datasource.util.database.DataSource.prepareStatementForExecuteQuery(DataSource.java:598) ~[datasource-util-10.38.0-t1651068120.jar:?]
at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.computer.ComputerHelper.getManagedCount(ComputerHelper.java:6704) ~[classes/:?]
at io.micrometer.core.instrument.internal.DefaultGauge.value(DefaultGauge.java:54) ~[micrometer-core-1.8.1.jar:1.8.1]
at io.micrometer.newrelic.NewRelicInsightsAgentClientProvider.writeGauge(NewRelicInsightsAgentClientProvider.java:125) ~[micrometer-registry-new-relic-1.8.1.jar:1.8.1]
at io.micrometer.core.instrument.Meter.match(Meter.java:107) ~[micrometer-core-1.8.1.jar:1.8.1]
at io.micrometer.newrelic.NewRelicInsightsAgentClientProvider.publish(NewRelicInsightsAgentClientProvider.java:77) ~[micrometer-registry-new-relic-1.8.1.jar:1.8.1]

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown column 'adcs_subject_alt_type' in 'field list'
at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractQueryProtocol.readErrorPacket(AbstractQueryProtocol.java:1594) ~[mariadb-java-client-2.4.4.jar:?]
at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractQueryProtocol.readPacket(AbstractQueryProtocol.java:1453) ~[mariadb-java-client-2.4.4.jar:?]
at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractQueryProtocol.getResult(AbstractQueryProtocol.java:1415) ~[mariadb-java-client-2.4.4.jar:?]
at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractQueryProtocol.executeQuery(AbstractQueryProtocol.java:228) ~[mariadb-java-client-2.4.4.jar:?]
at org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbStatement.executeInternal(MariaDbStatement.java:332) ~[mariadb-java-client-2.4.4.jar:?]
at org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbStatement.executeUpdate(MariaDbStatement.java:527) ~[mariadb-java-client-2.4.4.jar:?]
at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.ProxyStatement.executeUpdate(ProxyStatement.java:120) ~[HikariCP-3.4.1.jar:?]
at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariProxyStatement.executeUpdate(HikariProxyStatement.java) ~[HikariCP-3.4.1.jar:?]
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$1UpdateStatementCallback.doInStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:546) ~[spring-jdbc-5.3.18.jar:5.3.18]
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$1UpdateStatementCallback.doInStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:543) ~[spring-jdbc-5.3.18.jar:5.3.18]
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:381) ~[spring-jdbc-5.3.18.jar:5.3.18]
... 9 more
2022-11-26 09:07:23,384 [ERROR] [erverThread] [DatabaseVersionAction ] - Error running action: com.jamfsoftware.jss.database.schema.changeactions._10_38.ADCSPayloadEntityToAcceptMultipleSANValuesMigration
2022-11-26 09:07:23,384 [INFO ] [erverThread] [JamfSoftwareReflections ] - Reflections returned from cache
2022-11-26 09:07:23,394 [INFO ] [erverThread] [ServerUtils ] - Entering Debug Level 0
2022-11-26 09:07:23,426 [INFO ] [erverThread] [ServerUtils ] - Writing server.xml file - enforcing UTF-8 URI encoding.
2022-11-26 09:07:23,503 [ERROR] [erverThread] [gUncaughtExceptionHandler] - Uncaught Exception from thread InitializeServerThread - null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.jamfsoftware.jss.utils.files.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:139) ~[classes/:?]
at com.jamfsoftware.jss.utils.files.FileUtils.destroyTemp(FileUtils.java:129) ~[classes/:?]
at com.jamfsoftware.jss.utils.files.FileUtils.init(FileUtils.java:77) ~[classes/:?]
at com.jamfsoftware.jss.server.initialization.InitializeServerThread.run(InitializeServerThread.java:363) ~[classes/:?]
at org.springframework.security.concurrent.DelegatingSecurityContextRunnable.run(DelegatingSecurityContextRunnable.java:82) ~[spring-security-core-5.6.1.jar:5.6.1]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) ~[?:?]
==================

Appreciate your help and advice.

Regards,

B.Suresh

sureshsur75
New Contributor

The page is stuck:-
"Welcome!

Analyzing web application
Warning: Converting 1.69GB, do not restart your Jamf Pro server"
========
After that its not at all loading.

Regards,

B.Suresh

Andixon
New Contributor III

Hi,

sorry for replying to such an old post, but I have a similar issue and wanted to ask how you resolved yours.

Kind regards