JSS 9.92 : Are FileVault 2 "new from template" EAs missing?

SeanA
Contributor III

I know that, as recent as JSS 9.91, that the JSS had plenty of "computer extended attribute templates" that could be downloaded (JSS > Computers tab > Management Settings > Extension Attributes > New From Template) that related to FileVault 2. For example, "FileVault 2 User", "FileVault 2 Individual Key Validation", among others. I do NOT see these EA's as options in version 9.92, and I have complete access to everything in the JSS). Are they missing? I would appreciate the sanity check.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@SeanA I believe you can do this with built in criteria. At least in my JSS these are already there. If you create a new SG you can find FileVault 2 User and FileVault 2 Partition Encryption State just like @kitzy has done.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@SeanA nope, they're gone in 9.92, or at least I verified on my 9.92 server that they are no more. Although I'm not too certain about your sanity still, but that's another matter. ;-)

Are you looking for one in particular? What are you trying to accomplish?

SeanA
Contributor III

Well, I was trying to accomplish some scoping operations, such as targeting specific accounts that ARE or ARE NOT FV2-enabled., and excluding laptops that are not yet encrypted. I was using John Kitzmiller's blog post (https://www.johnkitzmiller.com/blog/how-i-deploy-filevault-2/) as reference for some of these operations.

Yeppirs, this is going to be a Feature Request.

SeanA
Contributor III

Feature Request is https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=5025)

Please vote it up.

Thanks.

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@SeanA I believe you can do this with built in criteria. At least in my JSS these are already there. If you create a new SG you can find FileVault 2 User and FileVault 2 Partition Encryption State just like @kitzy has done.

SeanA
Contributor III

D'oh.. Never mind. Like you said, they are in the built-in criterial; not as "new from templates".

Thanks, @stevewood