London, UK JUG?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello London Town, anyone on here interested in having a London, UK JAMF User Group meetup?

I'm sure we could have it hosted at the Sony UK offices and I hear JAMF provide pizza..

13 REPLIES 13

kerouak
Valued Contributor

good for me!

gavin_pardoe
New Contributor III

Sounds good, I'd be up for that.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi @RossDrummond, @kerouak & @gavin.pardoe!

Not sure if you know about London Apple Admins, but it's been going to over a year now & I'm one of the founders (with @grahamgilbert).

We've events planned for June & September (with details coming soon).

London is certainly big enough for more than one group, but if you did know about us... Can I ask why a second group?

We're looking for help to run London Apple Admins & maybe hosting events more than every 3 months or so if we get the help.

appleguru
New Contributor

Hi
keep me posted, would be interested :)

sean
Valued Contributor

@bentoms

Can I ask why a second group?

Errr PIZZA!

;)

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I had thought about this a few times, but as @bentoms mentioned, London Apple Admins seems to do the trick.

That being said, this might attract a slightly different crowd so I'd be up for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @bentoms

Didn't know about London Apple Admins, cool, do you guys talk JAMF as well? Looks like your last session was stuff that wasn't JAMF Specific (albeit also looked very interesting!).

I had a nice chat with the guys at JAMF in Amsterdam last week and they said London didn't have one, have you reached out to them to see if they can hook you guys up with the beer and pizza?!

I'm happy to join in with your gang and help organise things as well! No need for two groups!

grahamgilbert
New Contributor

I second @bentoms - we'd be more than happy to have any and all talks, JAMF related or not. Send me an email (graham AT grahamgilbert.com) and we can talk more.

bentoms

Hey @RossDrummond, @kerouak, @gavin.pardoe, @appleguru, @sean, @davidacland & @grahamgilbert (i think that's everyone).

We've just posted our next event.

Would be great to see some of you there & carry on this discussion in person.

betty02
New Contributor II

I always want to go to these events, but you guys always seem way too clever then me!! I feel I;d be well out my depth haha! Even managing a mat network for 4 years I still rely on this site loads! Might head over one day! Know nobody though, and I'm from the north too now living in London - so I would expect a huge amount of stick!!

Haha!

As mentioned though a UK - JNUC would be cool, jams orientated one...with goody bags.... ;)

Peace out.

bentoms

@betty02 We're not more clever, just louder. :)

The more the merrier & there will be folks from all levels of experience.

james_ridsdale
New Contributor III

Oh hi @bentoms @davidacland and @gavin.pardoe fancy meeting you all in here.

gavin_pardoe
New Contributor III

Hi James

Indeed, has been a while. I'm sure we will be bumping into each other again sometime soon.