Patch Reporting: Java 8

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

I have noticed that my JSS (9.93) Patch Reporting isnt up to date with the current version of Oracle Java 8.

The current version is 1.8.121.13

JAMF (incorrectly) maintains that the current version is : 1.8.112 (which is at least 1 or 2 version behind)

I have waitied a few days, but the JSS hasnt updated yet.

Is there a way to force the update process?

6 REPLIES 6

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@dstranathan - should update today. It's one version behind.

see this thread

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Might want to read thru this thread, especially the last few posts - https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/21615/force-update-of-patch-reporting-titles

It seems Jamf needs to find some way to speed up the process a little bit more. Its understandable there will always be some delay since Jamf needs to actually take a look at the update and test it before they push out an update to their patch management reporting functions. But things like Java and Flash are critical to getting out as soon as possible, since its a safe bet that any update on those products is patching vulnerabilities. We're no longer in the "its just some new features" stages with those 2 products. The patches are to plug up holes that could be exploited.

gregleeper
New Contributor

Has anyone seen any changes in their JSS concerning patch reporting? Mine still shows the incorrect versions of patches for both Java and Flash player.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@gregleeper ours is current as far as I can tell

84bbdf9a69ab40bc8772056f6cff5b50

gregleeper
New Contributor

@CasperSally , thanks. I'll try to see what's happening with mine.

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

My JSS is currently up to date.