Same app from two different ABM in same JAMF environment

mmirzai
New Contributor II

Hello together,

Is it generally possible to assign the same app from two different ABM in same JAMF environment?
Maybe is a stupid question but would like to know if it is possible.

I have booked the app from two different ABM and assigned to the same JAMF but can only see booked app from one ABM!

Thanks already for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mmirzai
New Contributor II

I tested it again, the app can already be synced from both ABMs in the same Jamf. But you can only select one location when deploying the app. So it doesn't make sense to have the same app from two different ABM.
My concern was just that the app from Europe store will not work or even installed in China!

In my case, the app also installed on China Devices.

Thanks anyway for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mmirzai It _might_ be possible to do that if you're utilizing Sites in your environment, but I'm not sure (and I'm not currently using Sites so can't test) so that's something I'd suggest asking your Success Manager. I would _not_ expect that to work in a non-Sites enabled environment.

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

In general, yes you can assign the an app from 2 different ABM to one Jamf.  Have you tried another app? If I may ask, what difference does it make which ABM it's from if it's the same app? What exactly are you trying to do?

We have an ABM for Europe and a separate one for China.
I have to book the app for China devices from the ABM for China, because the booked app from the Europe ABM could not be loaded or works on China devices.

Can you please explain to me how this works?

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

It is technically possible but you don't want to do it. I suggest reaching out to your Apple rep for suggestions. They can help you merge to a single ABM instance.

We keep 2x ABM instance, but we also keep 2x MDM's and my employer wants a very high wall between the two. Ticks our Apple reps off every time it gets brought up.

mmirzai
New Contributor II

I tested it again, the app can already be synced from both ABMs in the same Jamf. But you can only select one location when deploying the app. So it doesn't make sense to have the same app from two different ABM.
My concern was just that the app from Europe store will not work or even installed in China!

In my case, the app also installed on China Devices.

Thanks anyway for your help.