Self Service Reboot - No Longer working?

josaxo
New Contributor

I am trying to correlate the factors which contributed to this issue, but the only change in my environment was the JSS update to 9.22. In any event, I am finding that my self service policies which have a restart configured - whether it be immediate or timed - is not executing. In the console I see that after the policy runs, it displays the following:
Blessing i386 OS X system on /...
Reboot. 10.4+. Background
Adding launchd task to reboot

... then nothing happens...
Has anyone experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

corbinmharris
Contributor

This is a known issue in 9.22 and is suppose to be fixed in the next Casper release.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

corbinmharris
Contributor

This is a known issue in 9.22 and is suppose to be fixed in the next Casper release.

josaxo
New Contributor

Thanks, I eagerly await the 9.23 update :)

josaxo
New Contributor

How are people deploying the Mavericks update via Self Service post 9.22 update? Adding a command to force reboot?

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Anyone have any idea when 9.23 is going to be released? So many issues with 9.22. I hope it gets released soon.

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

full ack. 9.22 drives us insane.

maweee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Try shutdown -r +5 as manual command that is the workaround that i am using that works every time. =)

josaxo
New Contributor

Is anyone else noticing that the jamfAgent process is Not Responding after the 9.22 upgrade?

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi josaxo,

Thanks for the question!

The jamfAgent showing as not responding in activity monitor is actually an incorrect display from Activity Monitor in Mavericks itself. This can happen in any version of the JSS, including 8.73, when dealing with a Mavericks system.

Since we use AppKit within the jamfAgent, the OS treats us like a GUI app and therefore we are subject to Not Responding status in Activity Monitor.

We have an open defect for the issue (D-005179), and there is an open Apple RADAR defect as well (#15251157), with Apple confirming it is an issue on their end.

There is a longer thread, with more details, and another mention of the RADAR defect at: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=9215 if you’d like to take a look at that thread for more information.

Thanks!

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support