Umanaged Mac following pre-stage enrollment

macmanmk
Contributor

Trying to get a handle on what might have happened to one of our laptops. We had a machine that went through pre-stage enrollment this afternoon. The inventory record shows a local user account that was created plus our standard management account. There also appears to have been a local printer that was set up. Still, the current status for the device is "unmanaged."

The management history logs show our configuration profiles being installed and then show them being removed 2 minutes later. This begs the question how the profiles were removed. The local user account did not have admin rights. Does this mean the user must have had the password for our management account? Just trying to get some idea of how these profiles could have been removed.

5 REPLIES 5

Malcolm
Contributor II

I have seen this issue my self, my best recommendation is to conduct a backup, then shut down tomcat run a database repair and optimise and a reboot.

Assuming you are enrolling using jamf 10.4.1 and high sierra 10.3.4?

macmanmk
Contributor

Thanks, @Malcolm . Actually, we are JAMF cloud hosted. The laptop did enroll under High Sierra.

Fishd
New Contributor

Increased logging on MDM profile delivery would be nice.

Malcolm
Contributor II

From my recollection, on our internally hosted server, I think it was some of the certificates or certificate renewals for push notification on the server had a part in it occurring.

adminNWA
New Contributor III

Has there been a confirmed work around for this problem?