What happens when you delete a VPP account?

Brianmarum
New Contributor

We have 2 VPP accounts at the moment, one of which is assigned to another MDM and I have the option to reclaim the token for that account. I would like to delete that account. What sort of effect would that have? Will it remove any of the apps from the iPads that are allocated to it from the other MDM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iOSGenius
New Contributor III

Deleting a VPP will delete and remove from your devices, though i have also seen when a VPP Account is deleted Apps stay on the device and when attempted to open am prompted with Apple ID and password to use them.

Why don't you just remove all the apps in the scope of those devices or carts and then wait a couple hours or a day to insure all of them have been removed and put back in your VPP account as this will be more appropriate in doing.

Thanks
Dan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

iOSGenius
New Contributor III

Deleting a VPP will delete and remove from your devices, though i have also seen when a VPP Account is deleted Apps stay on the device and when attempted to open am prompted with Apple ID and password to use them.

Why don't you just remove all the apps in the scope of those devices or carts and then wait a couple hours or a day to insure all of them have been removed and put back in your VPP account as this will be more appropriate in doing.

Thanks
Dan