I've deployed a policy to force Password Required To Wake Computer From Sleep Or Screen Saver. On the mac where it was deployed I see its active.
Under JamfProtect I still see the insight says it's not active. Can I force the Insights to be updated on the computer so it detects the changes?
@robbo007 I've run into this before and I trust me I understand that it's a pain. However I have some tips.
Check your insight checkin time in JAMFProtect
Go to JAMFProtect --> Plans --> (Click on your Plan) Plan Summary and hit edit. Once here scroll down "Insight". By default it set to 24 hours. I personally change it to 12 hours (720 minutes).
Secondly you can force a checkin from the client via "protectctl".
1. Launch Terminal
2. Escalate yourself to root
3. type "protectctl -h" to get familiar with the commands
4. "protectctl info" is very helpful - it will show you the last check-in and most importantly the last insight check in
5. I personally do a force check-in via "protectctl checkin"
6. Then run "protectctl checkin --insights" -- this will force an insight check-in
7. Run "protectctl info" again and you will notice that the device has checked in
8. Check JAMF Protect to see if the insight status has changed
I found this workflow to be extremely helpful as I was testing profiles and verifying that they functioned as needed. LMK if this helps you out.