Acceptable Use Agreement on Student iPads

ryan_w
Contributor

Has anyone found a way to collect acceptable use agreements on student iPads using JAMF School?

3 REPLIES 3

Fluffy
Contributor III

I've come across the option for showing agreements at enrollment. An agreement first has be created in Organization > Agreements. The option to show the agreement at enrollment is found in Profiles > Automated Device Enrollment Profiles when creating an iOS profile, under the Onboarding tab.

We haven't used this, as we do enrollment and setup before giving to users. I don't know if there is a way to collect responses, or if it requires to accept the agreement to complete enrollment.

Alternatively, if you are a tinkerer, there are third-party solutions like DEPNotify or IBM Notifier. Would end up being a project.

We also do the enrollment before the student receives the device.  Since most schools have acceptable use agreements which I'm sure change from time to time I was hoping there might be some automated way to push it out in JAMF School.  I guess most places must use some 3rd party digital signage software.  Maybe it is because they are also looking for parent signatures.

Fluffy
Contributor III

We're pretty old school here. Pen and paper. My boss writes the agreement and our elementary/high school offices both distribute and collect them. Those go out before the new school year and students don't receive a device unless it's signed by a parent/guardian.