Apple Configurator 2 - not having to tap "Trust" on iPads when doing restores

rshepherd
New Contributor III

Our district houses our classroom iPads in carts, which we plug our MacBooks into and use AC2 to restore the entire carts' worth of iPads in one go. I've been having to tap "Trust" on each device before I can restore iOS on them, which is aggravating. How do I go about bypassing this? I've already added the Supervision Identity and server information in AC2, tried creating Blueprints, and can't seem to get the right information added to Keychain on my MacBook...need some guidance here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bol
Valued Contributor

You've done the half of it, basically;

Settings - Device Management - Apple Configurator Enrollment - Supervision Identities

- Create then download 

- Open them in keychain and allow all trust

- AC2 - Preferences - Organisations - Import Supervision Identities

https://docs.jamf.com/10.28.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Supervision_Identities.html

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bol
Valued Contributor

You've done the half of it, basically;

Settings - Device Management - Apple Configurator Enrollment - Supervision Identities

- Create then download 

- Open them in keychain and allow all trust

- AC2 - Preferences - Organisations - Import Supervision Identities

https://docs.jamf.com/10.28.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Supervision_Identities.html

Fluffy
Contributor III

In Jamf School, that is found in Organization > Settings > Supervision Identities. Documentation here.

I was looking for this as well, thanks @Bol.

Fluffy
Contributor III

My situation is slightly different, but even with the Supervision Identity downloaded and applied there are still problems. On our iPads, we don't have to tap Trust, but have to have the iPad unlocked when plugged in to trust. Adding the Supervision Identity seems to get around the issue of if pairing is disabled.

I've already resigned myself to having to unlock all of the iPads as I plug them in for them to Trust. Still better than getting a blister on my finger from putting them in DFU mode.

EDIT: Realized my problem was something else. USB Restricted mode was on, Trust was never the issue for me.

Bol
Valued Contributor

You beat me too it, was about to post!  Sounded like restricted mode for sure!

Nice work and thanks for the correction.

For anyone looking, 99% sure, allow is on while restricted means off.

Bol_0-1654791399222.png

rshepherd
New Contributor III

Thank you for the help everyone--my problem was that I wasn't opening the supervision identity file that you download from Jamf School, I was merely trying to find/open the .org file in AC2, when I should've been opening the downloaded file and inputting the password provided by JS (which automatically added the necessary info to AC2 + Keychain).

Bol
Valued Contributor

@rshepherd  Nice work and thanks for letting us know! I know I did exactly the same x 2 when first setting supervision profiles up ;)