Goodnotes Reminder to Enable Auto Backup XML Config Not Working

mbischo
New Contributor

Hi

Did anybody try this?

How to turn on the "Reminder To Enable Auto Backup" popup for managed devices – Goodnotes Support

I can not get it to work with the provided XML config. When I add the red part of the suggested configuration I get this error:

"Unexpected key "" while parsing <dict/>."

Adding a "/" before "key" lets me save the file but breaks my working license key config.

Any ideas? I find the feature itself to be very useful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GregBobbett
Contributor

I got it to work by editing the script this way. The rest of the script I had edited from what they suggested on their site to get it to actually work in our schools. Note, I changed the License Key to the Goodnotes Default :-)

I just tested it on a student test device, and it worked for me. I hope this works for you as well. I should also mention that this is the entire script that I put into the App's 'Managed Configuration' box. Don't use the first two lines of their script. For some reason it breaks the script in Jamf School.

<plist>
<dict>
<key>LicenseKey</key>
<string>AAAAAA-BBBBBB-CCCCCC-DDDDDD-123456-V</string>
<key>ConfigurableFeatures</key>
<dict>
<key>ReminderToEnableAutoBackup</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>Goodnotes6Upgrade</key>
<true/>
<key>GoodnotesVersion</key>
<string>6</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Greg Bobbett

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GregBobbett
Contributor

I got it to work by editing the script this way. The rest of the script I had edited from what they suggested on their site to get it to actually work in our schools. Note, I changed the License Key to the Goodnotes Default :-)

I just tested it on a student test device, and it worked for me. I hope this works for you as well. I should also mention that this is the entire script that I put into the App's 'Managed Configuration' box. Don't use the first two lines of their script. For some reason it breaks the script in Jamf School.

<plist>
<dict>
<key>LicenseKey</key>
<string>AAAAAA-BBBBBB-CCCCCC-DDDDDD-123456-V</string>
<key>ConfigurableFeatures</key>
<dict>
<key>ReminderToEnableAutoBackup</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>Goodnotes6Upgrade</key>
<true/>
<key>GoodnotesVersion</key>
<string>6</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Greg Bobbett

mbischo
New Contributor

@GregBobbett,

This looks very promising. I will test it tomorrow, thank you so much!

You are totally right about the first two lines -- I had to remove them as well when I created the configuration for the license key.

Cheers

Mark

mbischo
New Contributor

Goodnotes has also updated their website and corrected the mistakes.